I hate pens!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Sabooo

Actually I don't, but I may have shouted that at least once when something went wrong. I'm living in eastern PA, raising kids, going to school, and just getting into turning wood as a hobby.

Thanks to all of you for putting together a great forum. Lots of talent and dedication to the art, and also to helping each other.

Rich

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

csr67

As a newbie, I feel your pain! Nothing like the feeling of a nice acrylic blank breaking just as you put your final touches on it! At least I'm getting good at learning what caused my issues.....:biggrin:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
As a newbie, I feel your pain! Nothing like the feeling of a nice acrylic blank breaking just as you put your final touches on it! At least I'm getting good at learning what caused my issues.....:biggrin:

That is an EXCELLENT first step.

Also, pay attention to what you are doing when things are going GREAT!!

As beginners, we tend to analyze our failures--there are dozens of ways to do it wrong, so you can find quite a few reasons for failure.

It is easier to pause, mentally, when things are going well---analyze what you have done that worked, try to repeat it!!

Most important, if your mind is where your hands are, you will succeed--enjoy the trip!!

Welcome to IAP!!
Ed

LeeR

Welcome, and besides coming here for advice from fellow turners, use YouTube as well. I have had issues getting the hang of using the skew, and finally found a video about skews that really spoke to me. The turners name is Brendan Stemp. There is a wealth of information out there, but sometimes it just takes lots of digging to find that gem.

tomtedesco

Welcome from Colorado. Stick with it, things get better. In a few years you will be teaching your kids and helping them turning pens for their teachers Christmas presents.

Top Bottom