I had such big plans

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bob Wemm

When I got up this morning I had such big plans for the day, but they evaporated very quickly after opening the back door onto our verandah. The hot east wind was blowing and it was most unpleasant.
That urged me to do some inside jobs that had been piling up for the want of some enthusiasm.
I just went outside again and the Temp gauge says 110F, and that is with the cool air from the a/c wafting over it.
Retraced my steps inside and it looks like a bit more hibernation for the day.
It's only going to be 105F tomorrow.:frown::frown::frown:

Bob.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Sorry Bob. Yesterday it was 0 degrees with a wind chill of -25. Tonight it is 5 degrees but the windchill is a bit better -10. On the bright side tues will be 55 degrees with heavy rain. Hopefully that will wash the rest of the snow away.

Bob Wemm

Sorry Bob. Yesterday it was 0 degrees with a wind chill of -25. Tonight it is 5 degrees but the windchill is a bit better -10. On the bright side tues will be 55 degrees with heavy rain. Hopefully that will wash the rest of the snow away.

JT. Sometimes I wish we were over there, I would love to see the snow, but I don't like the cold either.:frown:
Bob

tbroye

I get like that in my part of California during summer. Luckily I have window A//C i put in during the summer and I can keep my small shop (10x12 feet) in the mid 70's when it's 100+ outside before I retired work in that heat in unairconditioned auto shop, no fun.

Houtkop

Know exactly what you are going thru Bob. Was 42 degrees C (108 F) here yesterday and my workshop consists of my lathe outside on a red brick verandah in full sun from 8am on. Add a few mozzies to that and it is a wonder I got 1 pen done this weekend. It was so hot that the foam backed sanding pads I used melted.

Last edited:

TonyL

I would love to see some pics of those parts of the world - not Google pics, but the towns or areas that you live. I find that stuff fascinating.

I'm one of the weird ones... I actually like the heat -- if I can stir the air some -- my joints don't hurt so bad in the heat. My shop is a small tin building with no insulation, just pressboard on the walls to finish off the inside and give me a place to hang tools... it's under a big oak tree, but still gets some sunshine... I keep a couple of box fans going in the summer.

stonepecker

looking south down the road.
Temp right now is 21 degrees.......yesterday the high here was 12.

Attachments

• IMG_1438.jpg
    IMG_1438.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
Top Bottom