I got the PNDT Flu.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Daniel

Daniel

It may not be fatal but it is contagious. I got bit by the Pendent bug. I have spent the last week and couple days getting stuff together like home made backing plates plates, cutting what to me are big pieces of fancy wood into thin little sheets, Finding the correct double sided tape, and basically scratching my head trying to help my daughter learn to make them. I got a big ol box of Corian from PTownSubbie and the Deluxe backer plate from sailing_away thanks to super duper fast service all the correct stuff came together this evening. My little girl (24 years old) has managed to get about a dozen pendants in various stages of complete. she is having a blast. Since none of them are finished there are no photos yet. but they will be coming. I just wanted to thank everyone that has put so much work into the details on getting these made. right tape right tools and right materials are making this fun for both of us. By the way My daughter joined the group today under the username Sheena. Hope she manages to make even half the friends I have found here.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PTownSubbie

That's awesome Daniel. Your daughter PM'd me earlier about the Corian. It makes you happy when you can help put a smile on someone's face. It is always a good day when you can get the family involved in something that everyone likes!!

Have you thought about the buffing system we talked about? It makes finishing the Corian pendants a no brainer.

Daniel

I know we are going to get a buffing system. have not got to that part of the homework just yet. So far we are using MM and she is happy with how it works on the Corian. I told her buffing would probably work better and allow her to remove the scratches better. I also told her to read everything she can find on this group. there is a reason the most popular way of doing things got to be popular. We did find the Duck brand tape last night and ended the slipping pendant problem.

I do have one tip to add to the quagmire of knowlede here though. a simple way to hold the Corian on edge when resawing it on the band saw. i will post it in shps, jigs fixtures and tools though. real simple way to keep fingers safe.

Daniel

Fred i put a description of it in your Classified add thread. in short cut a notch in a 2X4 that will hold the 2X2 piece on edge. the trick is a very tight fit. a 6 inch piece of 2X4 keeps your fingers a couple inches from the blade. use the same saw and blade to cut the notch that you will use to cut the corian and there are no squaring type issues. the jig holds the corian perfectly straight to the blade whatever it's angle is. I cut mine so tight I have to hammer the Corian in the slot with a rubber mallet.

Top Bottom