I got mushrooms in my shop

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Kalai

Kalai

Hi everyone, I decided to get away from bowls and turn some mushrooms, the tallest is about 6 inches and the smallest is about 2 inches, they are made frome different woods like Milo, Hala, Lychee and She Oak burl, I left the natural burl top of a few of them, comments are welcome, aloha.

Chris

Attachments

• mushrooms 019.jpg
    mushrooms 019.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 440
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skywizzard

Gee, they look so real you could stick them in the yard here in Georgia where we have had so much rain and no one would ever know they were wood!

Beautiful and great idea.

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
Cool!!

That's how I shape the perfume atomizer kits.. but your woods look
a whole lot better.. and without the top brass..

.. now i gotta go try that..

workinforwood

Wow..those are really great. I bet you could leave those unfinished and sell them to carvers. They can finish the flutes under the caps themselves and add them to their statues. Some lady was asking me yesterday at a show to make some sort of Bobber pins or something..spools maybe for some type of sewing? I don't know what she was saying or talking about..after awhile the demands from people go in one ear and out the other and I just nod in agreement. Just like dealing with my wife!:biggrin:

RAdams

Banned
Wow..those are really great. I bet you could leave those unfinished and sell them to carvers. They can finish the flutes under the caps themselves and add them to their statues. Some lady was asking me yesterday at a show to make some sort of Bobber pins or something..spools maybe for some type of sewing? I don't know what she was saying or talking about..after awhile the demands from people go in one ear and out the other and I just nod in agreement. Just like dealing with my wife!:biggrin:

I agree about the mushrooms. Nice work! they would make awesome micro caches for geocaching!

I also agree about the demands thing. I had a woman contact me a week ago asking if i could restring her bead necklace. I don't have anything to do with beads. Where she got me in mind to restring her walmart fall apart beads, I have no idea.

ttcanuck

Very nicely done.

I wish we had the variety of wood that you have in Hawaii. We were in Maui for the first time last winter and I'm salivating for the time we can go back. I jammed a few pieces of wood in my luggage on the way home, but if we can go back I think I'll have to take a case just for lumber.

Makes a great display.

Kalai

Hi everyone, thanks so much for the comments, I like to try different things and keep pushing my imagination and abilities, these are not hard to make at all and very enjoyable, in Hawaii we would say Maika'i ka IPA a me noka oi (IAP is ecellent and the best) Mahalo and aloha.

Chris "Kalai"
Kalai means wood in Hawaiian

Top Bottom