I finally have a pen worthy of posting.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BobGast

BobGast

Many of you know that I had a thread about not having a successful pen. After 7 or 8 assembly mistakes, cracks while pressing the pens together, blanks not turned or sanded enough to match up with the nibs and or caps etc. I now have a successful pen to post. It is a Wall Street II chrome finish dressed with a Deep Blue Sea acrylic pen blank.

Attachments

• Wall Street II Pen - Chrome - Deep Blue Sea acrylic blank.png.jpg
    Wall Street II Pen - Chrome - Deep Blue Sea acrylic blank.png.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 366
  • Wall Street II Pen - Chrome - Deep Blue Sea acrylic blank back side.bmp.jpg
    Wall Street II Pen - Chrome - Deep Blue Sea acrylic blank back side.bmp.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 329
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Skie_M

Very nice ... I like the color saturation in the barrel, and that the brass doesn't discolor it with a green tint ... :)

Did you backpaint the barrel or paint the tube?

Fit and finish look great ... looks like you worked out your problems nicely!

OZturner

A Very Attractive Pen, Bob.
Love the Blank, Glorious
Excellent Finish, the Fit could be Improved by taking the Nib End Diameter down to the Bushing, it is still a little proud of the Mating Section.
I appreciate that it can be Traumatic when turning down to a small Diameter.
So till you get Confident, why not take it down by Sanding?
Providing you use a Fine Grade and keep the Abrasive moving, You will not do any Damage, but it will take a little more time.
Congratulations,
Brian.

Last edited:

BobGast

Very nice ... I like the color saturation in the barrel, and that the brass doesn't discolor it with a green tint ... :)

Did you backpaint the barrel or paint the tube?

Fit and finish look great ... looks like you worked out your problems nicely!

I started out with a back painted tube. Learned my lesson with a pink acrylic blank on a seam ripper that I made for my wife. The brass tube showing through looks bad.

TonyL

Thanks for posting. Here's why I think they are all worth posting:
- Regardless of the one's skill level, if provides other with ideas as to what they may (or may not) like to turn. There are blanks and kits that I would have never purchased unless someone share their pics.
- Some may have never seen a certain kit/combination.
- Some may find it something they want to reverse paint differently (or that it is not needed)
- I think it encourages others to post their pics regardless of how many pens they turned

You get the idea...keep posting.:)

campzeke

Good job Bob! Very nice pen. I still have a couple of my early pens and use them almost every day. Use it ! Be proud of it ! Now get out in the shop and use what you learned to make another one! Oh, be sure to post a photo of it too.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Well done Bob!

This is a nicely done pen!

Keep at it and take notes on what you did. After another 50-75 pens, the notes will not be needed, but in the early stages they are helpful.

Aerocam2

Very nice work Bob!

Being a complete newcomer myself (a whooping 3 pens new), and stumbling upon this website only a week ago, I relate to the fear that I may never produce a pen worthy of posting among such a talented group of accomplished penturners.

I walked out of my shop last night after trying my hand at turning my first acrylic pen and despite a few flaws, I was proud as a new Papa but had no intention of sharing that here.

Seeing you have the courage to do so inspired me and gives me the confidence to follow your example. However, being a complete newbie, and this literally being my first post on the site, I have no idea if this is the place to do it, or should one start his own thread?

The comment, suggestions, and accolades of other members implies to me we're going to be encouraged and learn from a great bunch of guys and gals and have a lot of fun doing it! I'm almost giddy with excitement.

Again, very pretty pen. Your girl looks great in that blue evening gown and would you look at how well she shines under the ballroom lights! :)

Thank you for your courage and inspiration!

Mack L.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Top Bottom