I don't have a mold for that tube!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

I was asked to make blanks and there are no molds for them. I was asked to make blanks for the 7mm letter opener. The tube is much longer than the 7mm slimline. Here is a picture of my solution. I used the mold for the long clicker and a little ingenuity and creativity. I'll post pictures of the blanks when they come out of the toaster oven.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Attachments

• IMG_0009.jpg
    IMG_0009.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 304
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Nice idea I think Fred is working on one for the razors with a 7mm tube that might fit the bill in the future too
I just received his first mold for razors this week and am happy to report it works great. It holds two 3 inch 7mm tubes. I did two batches (4 blanks) yesterday and they turned out great. Got called in to work today so I didn't get to post pictures yet. I'll have them up tomorrow.

its_virgil

Sounds like those would be just about right for the 7mm letter opener blanks I just made.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Nice idea I think Fred is working on one for the razors with a 7mm tube that might fit the bill in the future too
I just received his first mold for razors this week and am happy to report it works great. It holds two 3 inch 7mm tubes. I did two batches (4 blanks) yesterday and they turned out great. Got called in to work today so I didn't get to post pictures yet. I'll have them up tomorrow.

its_virgil

I cut the excess with my band saw as close top the plugs (in the tubes) as I could them removed the rest with my disk sander until I reached the end of the plug. Then they just pulled out using a dental pick to grab them.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Top Bottom