I call this pen "I'm SOOOO Bored!!"

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MatthewZS

MatthewZS

So 2 weeks from my move, my lathe and all my tools have been sent off already and I sit twiddling my thumbs. So I went out to the shop today, used the big lathe, some improvised closed end mandrels and some make shift finishing supplies to produce this. I still need to make a cap for it. Be gentle, this is a chewing gum and bailing wire pen if ever there was one:)

Oh, the wood is a nicely figured bit of mesquite.

Attachments

• pen.jpg
    pen.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 217
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Padre

Hey, if you need to cut down on the cost of the move, send me that gum and wire pen! Or better yet, send me the PARTS of so I can make my own gum and wire pen! :)

Wow, for a 'put-together' it is fantastic. I never would have guessed if you hadn't said something.

Where are you moving to?

MatthewZS

Thanks:) The drill bit that I drilled out the blank with became the Mandrel that I Turned it on.... so VERY gum and bailing wire.

I'm actually moving back to oregon. I'd lived there for 11 (12?) years and when the economy fell apart I moved back to texas where I grew up to re-connect with friends and family but after a year and a half I realize I was suffering from some sort of clinical psychotic episode when I made the decision so I'm moving back:)

Padre

Holy cow! That is innovative! Using the drill bit....how cool.

Texas--Oregon--Texas--Oregon. Not bad!! Much warmer in Texas though. Has the economy picked up in Oregon?

MatthewZS

the employment has improved some, so I suspect the economy some too... but I work online so I could move to guam and do ok. Plus I've got friends in the craft show circuit up there and I've done some shows myself before.... just not for pens.

Top Bottom