I am in need of pen care info

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
I have an order for 50 mesquite cigar pens. My first sale!! Anyway, I want to include a wood information, care, and refill card with each pen. Would anyone be kind enough to share what they give out with each pen so I can get ideas for wording. If you can help, please e-mail me direct. Thanks!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

guts

Curt,can't help you with your inquiry,but would like to know if your mesquite wood has any worm trails in it?if so can you tell me why the trails on some blanks turn kinda white when putting ca. on them,thanks.

woodman95

Hi,

Here's two of the sites that I go to for info on various woods, it's uses, where it's from etc. etc. I'm sure I've seen something on Mequite there. I go thru their info pages, get the info I want to include and then make up my own small info sheet (like maybe 4" x 4") on the different wood/material types that I use. I print a bunch and have them ready to include with the pens I sell. The definition doesn't have to be long and rambling - just some information to let the customer know a bit about the wood their new pen is made from.

http://www.hibdonhardwood.com/speciesinfo/SpeciesSelect.html

http://www.botany.com/index.htm

Sometimes a search will reveal additional places to find such info.

To give you some ideas of what I include, here's what I include with pens made from Amboyna Burl which I got, and then editted from somewhere? LOL

Amboyna Burl
The Amboyna tree (Pterocarpus Indicus) grows in South East Asia - The Philippines, Borneo, Burma, New Guinea, and Malaysia. It is often planted for shade along roadsides or as an ornamental. The wood colour varies from light yellow, through golden brown to brick red. It is often used for decorative veneers. The tree "may" reach 100 ft. or more tall, with trunk diameters up to 3 ft. And the term "burl" is in essence, a wood deformity, often resulting in visually spectacular twists and swirls in the wood fiber.

Hope you can use this information.

woodman95

Hi William,

Yes I think you're correct. I will have to reword my description to reflect the idea that amyboyna burl is in fact, the burl of the Narra tree.

Thanks for your input.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Thanks Rudy and everyone else for the help. I appreciate it. I have created a folded insert for the black cardboard boxes with the info mentioned in my initial post. It looks great. It is a word template file and if anyone is interested I would be happy to post it somewhere. Just let me know.

Firefyter-emt

Curtis, could you send me a copy of what it looks like?? It sounds like a pretty neat idea.

Originally posted by MesquiteMan
<br />Thanks Rudy and everyone else for the help. I appreciate it. I have created a folded insert for the black cardboard boxes with the info mentioned in my initial post. It looks great. It is a word template file and if anyone is interested I would be happy to post it somewhere. Just let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom