Hurry! Before the ink runs out!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Brooks803

Brooks803

Finished this one up earlier today. It's a graduation gift for a close friend. She's done with highschool and will be on her way to college in a couple months. So I figured this would be a fitting gift since she's an English major and loves to write. She fell in love with my wifes Sceptre that she made about a month ago. That was when we knew what to do for her graduation. The blank is of my creation and was reverse painted a dark blue to give the pen some depth. Although I wish I could say it was planned :)redface:) I really like how it has a fade of light to dark. It looks kinda like an ink window with the majority of the ink at the bottom and it emptys up where the nib is. Blue was the overall theme here and I'll be sending some Private Reserve American Blue ink along with the pen. The graduation party is tomorrow night so I'm hoping it's a hit. I also upgraded the nib to one of Lou's semi-flex steel nibs. The finish is MM to 12000 & polished with PlastX. Thanks for looking and as always any comments/critiques welcome!

100_2329597x700.jpg
100_2342575x700.jpg
100_2339622x700.jpg
100_2350566x700.jpg

Gotta love the closeup!
100_2332700x591.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

micharms

If you keep producing these nice blanks all the time I'm going to have to plan a long road trip to get some lessons on proper casting.

Great blank and wonderful pen. She'll be thrilled I am sure.

Michael

Woodlvr

WOW! That is a beauty and I bet that she will love it. I would like 5 of those blanks please-lol. Beautiful casting dude.

Brooks803

If you keep producing these nice blanks all the time I'm going to have to plan a long road trip to get some lessons on proper casting.

Great blank and wonderful pen. She'll be thrilled I am sure.

Michael

Lol...well if you're up for a 17hr drive I'll be doing a casting demo in Atlanta on June 18th for the georgia chapter meeting :cool:

That is one of the most beautifull blanks I have ever seen !!!! :eek:

Wow! Thank you Sir!

Thanks everyone! I'm excited to give this one away tomorow.

wizard

Jonathan, That is an awesome blank and a beautiful pen! Love the swirls and depth..almost looks like overlapping sheets of ribbons. Moreover, I really like the gradient in the hues from the end of the pen towards the center. Thanks so much for showing. Doc

wiset1

WILD!!! Such a deep rich flow in this blank, there so much calming energy in this one. I'll need 10 or so before they hit exotics, ha ha ha. No seriously...like 10 or so

Top Bottom