Humidity and Aluminite

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

paulloseby

Leicester, Not applicable, United Kingdom.
Seeing how good Aluminite is supposed to be, I bought some here in the UK. The only problem is that I see humidity is a major problem. It rains a lot over here and we don't get Texas temperatures. Any advice on overcoming the humidity problem - chemicals - heat - whatever? Or would it be better to go for another product?

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Paul

ElMostro

Humidity in the air is not that much of an issue it is the humidity/moisture in any objects you are putting in the resin. If you are are mixing straight resin, unless you are using a mixing cup/utensil that is wet it should not be an issue. If you are introducing anything into the resin then you need to make sure it is bone dry. Also have in mind that if you move the resin from a hot to cold or cold to hot environment and then mix it immediately you run the risk of creating condensation which can also be a problem.

Which alumilite mix did you find in the UK, clear or opaque?
Eugene

cajun skeeter

Paul, a good desiccant dryer will give you dry air, going into you pressure pot. The air can be 100% saturated with moisture but the dryer will give you clean dry air. On an average day our humidity is 80-90% and I don't have any problems. Locate the dryer as far from your compressor as possible and pay close attention to the moister indicator.

Top Bottom