HUGE ca bushings…

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ray-CA

Just picked up a couple of kits with HUGE tubes (need a 53/64ths bit) and plan on a ca finish. Of course I don't have any ca bushings that big (does anyone?). So, I hit up my hdpe supplier and she found a scrap of 1" rod and gave it to me. Cut it, drilled it and beveled one end. Now I have a pair of giant ca bushings.

Attachments

• 20240226_121712.jpeg
    20240226_121712.jpeg
    167.7 KB · Views: 51
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bsshog40

Yep, I bought me a rod of hpde awhile back and lathed some bigger ca bushings for my duck calls.

egnald

I've made large HDPE bushings like that to use on Kaleidoscopes and stuff. The key is having access to some HDPE material without having to buy a bunch of it. - Dave

Lew

I have a delrin rod I bought off Amazon to do the same thing. Show us the finished cigar holder when you're done. Should be interesting.

bugradx2

considering purchasing the rogue cigar kit and found this post again. Any finished photos or thoughts on the kit?

Ray-CA

considering purchasing the rogue cigar kit and found this post again. Any finished photos or thoughts on the kit?
I've got both of them turned, sanded with two coast of ca applied. Just working on the best way to affix the cigar labels. Once I get them finished, I will be sure to post photos.

Top Bottom