Groove click vs Fancy Slimline Click

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bugradx2

Ok, so my niece really wants a slimline sized click pen. She loves the diameter of it and I can't talk her into even going to some of the nice 8mm pens. I've found two pen component sets that seem to fit the bill, the Fancy Slimline Click pen and the Groove pen.

After searching around through various IAP discussion threads it seems like the Groove is basically a slimline with better components? Some of the reviews of the Fancy Slimline Click are not favorable because the click mechanism is pretty bad.

The Fancy is a plastic based click mechanism and takes mini ink cartridges. The Groove is a Schmidt click mechanism and uses a Cross refill. To me, both of those things make this a no brainer in favor of the groove. Both options use the same slimline bushing.

Has anyone made both pens? Cost is not really driving the decision, both options are not that terrible expensive. I'd really just like to give my niece a pen that I know will work well for her.

Opinions welcome

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

henry1164

Never made the Fancy Slimline Click but have made and kept/sold/gave away many of the Groove Click pen. I enjoy making them and they have been enjoyed by me and others - mine as an EDC. Good luck.

bugradx2

On paper, I would certainly go with the Groove if those are my choices. However, has she seen or used a Blade kit? Barely fatter and IMO a much better pen.
I had a blade in my pen case and she wanted to stick with the smaller diameter. I like the blade too

bugradx2

Never made the Fancy Slimline Click but have made and kept/sold/gave away many of the Groove Click pen. I enjoy making them and they have been enjoyed by me and others - mine as an EDC. Good luck.
Thanks a lot, knowing that someone uses a groove as an EDC helps my decision making.

RDHals

I have to agree with the group, stick with the Groove. I've made and sold a lot of these, everybody loves them. I've also used them as my EDC pen for a few years, no complaints. The click mech is very reliable, very smooth.

bugradx2

I have to agree with the group, stick with the Groove. I've made and sold a lot of these, everybody loves them. I've also used them as my EDC pen for a few years, no complaints. The click mech is very reliable, very smooth.
Thanks very much, I appreciate it

Top Bottom