Howdy!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenWoodGeek

Howdy folks, I'm Ken from San Antonio, Texas.

I've been making pens for about a year and a half, so I'm still refining my craft. I do one craft show per month, and the pens I have on my table always get a lot of attention from passers-by. I've learned that (generally) the pen-making community is very friendly – I've gotten useful advise from other pen turners at shows and it still blows me away when a "competitor" is still trying to make me a better turner. Love you guys. I figured I've been at it long enough I might have a word or two to pass on from time to time so here I am. I'm also looking forward to tapping in to the library so I can push my skill to new levels.

Hope y'all have a Merry Christmas! I'm sure many of us will have new gadgets to play with next week, so there should be some fun photos of the results.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

flyitfast

Howdy Ken,
Glad to see another pen turner here in San Antonio!
Good looking pens on your website.
Since you are in San Antonio come join us in the Alamo Penturners IAP Chapter meetings. We meet on the first Thur of each month at 6:30 at the Woodcraft on San Pedro. (Note: in January we will meet on the third Thur since the first Thur is on Jan 1, 2015)
We'd like to meet you and see your work.
Come join us.
Gordon

KenWoodGeek

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I've been checking out some of y'alls work and have come to the realization that I've got a TON more to learn. But, this looks like a good place to learn and bounce ideas around.

Gordon, I'll try to make it to Woodcraft for the Jan. meeting. Luis has told me a couple times I should pop in, but I haven't had the chance yet (and I loathe the idea of 281 traffic during the after-work rush).

flyitfast

Ken, look forward to meeting you.
Hope you can make it. I understand the traffic prob. Depends on which direction you are coming from.
See you then.
gordon

Top Bottom