Howdy Y'all

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Harold in CR

Came to this place through a recommendation of another member.

I'm semi-retired and live in Costa Rica.
I have a Swing Blade Portable Sawmill, and cut some really pretty wood.
I built a small Wood Lathe for my wife, but, she never plays with it, so, I have done a few plates and bowls.
I build furniture, and am presently trying to get my Wind Turbine and Hydro system functioning.

I have cut a bunch of Pen Blanks, and took them to my Daughter, in Fl. to try to sell them on Ebay. She never bothered. :rolleyes:

I may get to put some photos up, of some of the stuff I have built, if anyone is interested in looking at the stuff.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jimm1

First of all, welcome to the addiction. I'm not just talking about the woodworking aspect, but this site is also addicting. You meet incredible people here and you learn some exciting things.
Yeah, please post pix. Everyone will be looking to get blanks from you if they are unique.

tim self

Welcome to our addiction. There is a wealth of info here and some real pro's here. Always post the pics. may tickle someones fancy.

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Welcome. I am looking forward to learning from you!

Just wondering...................is, "Howdy Y'all" a common Costa Rican greeting?:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Harold in CR

I wasn't sure anyone would recognize. "Como le va", so I used the Howdy Y'all. :rolleyes::biggrin::biggrin:

Thanks for the welcome.

Whom ever said they look forward to learning from me, has another think coming. I just make small ones outta big ones. :tongue:

Guess I'll take a look on how to put photos in here. :)

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Hi Harold! Good to have ya here. I'm from sunny southern California.

Below are links to two threads/articles that have lots of information on pen turning. The first one is a very basic overview of the many aspects of getting into turning pens.
http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42446

The second link has postings by different pen turners and what they wish they had known earlier:
http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=46654

Here is another link - a PDF on the acronyms used here. I am sure you know many but this will help with those you don't.

http://content.penturners.org/articl...9/Acronyms.pdf

markgum

welcome. Your work is awesome, and some beautiful wood there. Yeah post the blanks for sale here. they will be gone fast.

Harold in CR

Right friendly place y'all have here. Thanks for the many welcomes.

I put up a thread in the "Other things we make" board, showing some background of what we do. If there are other things y'all are curious about, just ask. :biggrin:

Top Bottom