Howdy from St. Louis

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sammyz

Been turning for about 8 months now, just turned my first (successful) pen the other night.

First attempt was at a slim line for practice, turned one tube perfectly, blew out the other.

Second attempt was on a Wall street II from woodcraft which turned out great! I can already tell I'm going to wind up with way more pens around the house than I ever thought I'd have.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OZturner

Welcome Sam, from Sydney Australia.
I suggest that you practice on some firewood , don't worry about drilling for the Tube, but you can drill a hole the size of your Mandrel, or you can turn it between Centers, use a pair of outside calipers, to get your required diameters, and go for it.
A couple of days with this will give you all the confidence and practice you need, and won't cost a packet on Blanks.
I look forward to seeing some of your work.
Regards.
Brian.

Dr_N

Been turning for about 8 months now, just turned my first (successful) pen the other night.

First attempt was at a slim line for practice, turned one tube perfectly, blew out the other.

Second attempt was on a Wall street II from woodcraft which turned out great! I can already tell I'm going to wind up with way more pens around the house than I ever thought I'd have.
Welcome, from just a few miles west!

Top Bottom