Howdy from Mississippi

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hyperionfall

Hello all. I have been a hobby woodworker for 25+ years. Just started turning. My regular job is offshore but the last few years have been rough because of the low oil prices. 2 years ago I turned my woodworking hobby into a small business. Not looking to quit my regular job but rather supplement it a bit. Never got into turning in all those years. I decided to learn how to turn with the hopes of adding a few products to my line. As of now I have been mostly local and word of mouth but the last year has seen many many requests for commissions on my pieces.Therefore I am getting ready to launch a website and hit ETSY etc. From the research I have seen it seems bowls and pens would be the best bet for new items to my line. Like I said, not looking to replace my current job just supplement it.

Thanks,

Lee

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leehljp

Member Liaison
Welcome from the North end of the State. Where are you located?

We are trying to get a MS pen turners group started. You will probably get a greeting from John very soon concerning this.

Oh, at the top of the IAP page in the blue menu is one named: "Member Map"

Click on it and up under is a set of directions for getting you pinned. Jeff is the owner of this and the map gets updated about once every two to three months.
Read what the instructions say in detail. I left one small but important "detail" off and it took me a year before I double checked the instructions to get my pin on there.

Welcome and show us some of your bowl work too.

Curragh Pens

Hi Lee, sounds like you're well on your way, I wish you continued success..
Look forward to seeing some pics.
Bill.

Last edited:
Top Bottom