how to shrink a file

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

egerm

how do i shrink a file (pic)small enough to post it right now my pics are 900Kb and it tells me they have to lower than 200kb's Help[B)]

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Use your editing software to re-size or re-sample (depending on the software) to a smaller size pic. 700 pixels wide is good. Then under the file menu, most software packages will have an option to save for web or something like that. Most of the time that will do what you need.

I use this - "image resizer powertoy for Windows XP". http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/digitalphotography/learnmore/tips/eschelman2.mspx I think it's also available for Vista.

egerm

ok i used the photo resizer and it seems to work. I am able to upload the pics but all that shows up is a blank picture frame with a small x in the upper conner [?]

Randy_

Try renaming the picture file before you upload it and give it a simple name. The IAP forum is a little bit cranky about picture names and doesn't like names with lots of symbols and oddball characters other than simple letters and numbers. And even if you only get a x-box, leave it in the post. We can still get some information from a non-displaying picture and may be able to give you a clue.

egerm

I think it worked! Thanks for the help![:D]

200712156251_FirstPens.jpg

These are the first pens that I have turned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom