How to post pics here on IAP

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

johnnycnc

There seems to be a need for a how to post pics mini tutorial, I know there are some already written but I couldn't find them easily, so here is my take on it.:biggrin:
Here is my way of posting pics, like in Show off your pens:

-Go to the forum you wish to post in, scroll to the bottom of the post titles list

-click button "New thread"

-Manage attachments

-upload file from your computer (popup window):browse button, find file, upload,wait for it to upload, close the popup

-under manage attachments, there is the name of your photo, underlined as a link

-right click on that link, pick copy shortcut

-go up to the main post area, click once where you would like to insert the photo

-pick insert image icon

-popup window appears

-make sure all text that is there appears hilited blue

-right click and paste, this puts the link you copied in the box

-close the popup

-you will see the link in your post, and it will look something like this:
(hilited red by me, yours will be black)
https://www.penturners.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=32936&stc=1&d=1279453776[IMG][/COLOR]

-click preview post, and you will see your pic if all went well

-there will be a smaller image of it at the bottom of the preview,says attached thumbnails,

this should not appear when you actually post.

TIP: resize your JPGEG pics to less than 100.0 KB, and resize them to max 600 X 800 pixels before you start to upload. Also, rename the pics with simple names, or numbers and leave out the spaces, hyphens, semi colons, etc from the new name. These can cause the file to fail on upload.

TIP: if you skip the insert image icon process, and simply right click and paste your copied shortcut into your post, it will look like this:

[url]http://www.penturners.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=32938&stc=1&d=1279454564[/url]

and it will show a shortcut link in your post, not the picture itself. when clicked on, it will open a new window, and display the picture.

I'm sure there are other tips, and methods, shortcuts, etc. but this will get you up and posting pics!
YMMV:smile:

JOHN

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Top Bottom