How Much To Charge For A Pen ???

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tgraytn

I was wondering what some of you charge for the following Sienna style Acrylic Pens:

24K: $______ (Apprentice Classica from CSUSA for $3.99 Each) plus the cost of the blank
Titanium: $______ (Gatsby from Penn State for $8.95 Each) plus the cost of the blank
Rhodium: $______ (Gatsby from Penn State for $9.45 Each) plus the cost of the blank.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Tom,
I don't know of a Sienna pen... I'm assuming you meant Sierra.... I don't do the Sierra pens.. but there are some beautiful one out there.

I price most of my pens in a particular style the same... don't make any differentiation for the plating... I'm more likely to charge more for a particular type of wood or antler..

hilltopper46

Tom;

This has been discussed many times here on the site.

Here are the results of an 'Advanced search" on the >Marketing< section of the forum, which is where you will find more information about this sort of thing.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/sea...earchinfo=1&photoplog_searchquery=pen+pricing

I have my own forumula but am hesitant to post it as this is not a closed forum and anyone who searches on my name and pens would be able to see it.

B

bobblack

The pricing link seems to be dead. Any suggestions on how to access it?

TIA,

Bob Black

Chief Hill

Seems like were dancing around your actuall question here....
Everyone is different. But I typically see $40 - $60 being charged for these pens.
I am around the 50-60 range and it works ok for me. Sold one yesterday $50 curry maple dyed looked kinda like a tiger.

I was wondering what some of you charge for the following Sienna style Acrylic Pens:

24K: $______ (Apprentice Classica from CSUSA for $3.99 Each) plus the cost of the blank
Titanium: $______ (Gatsby from Penn State for $8.95 Each) plus the cost of the blank
Rhodium: $______ (Gatsby from Penn State for $9.45 Each) plus the cost of the blank.

Thanks!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Most (I think) of us would not SELL a 24kt gold.

Titanium gold and other durable platings are the norm, these days.

Personally, I have sold sierras with high end plating from $40 to $195. And, as Tony says, everything we say can and might be used against us by a potential customer who can view this information.

Russianwolf

I think the Sienna is actually CSUSA's Vista, looking at the description of size they give.

As to the question, how much do you feel your customers will find reasonable? Every market is different.

Chasper

I don't see that the cost of materials has any remote connection to how much the pen should be sold for. The creativity of the turning materials, workmanship and selling venue are the primary price setting factors. I sell sierras from $40 to $175, primarily in the middle section of that range.

Top Bottom