How many glue Trans in on cigar pens?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

redfishsc

I don't unless the trans fits sloppy in the upper barrell, but that's only happened once out of the 50 or so cigars I've done. So far as I can tell this is about the most solid and reliable pen kit across all the mfrs.

airrat

I have only had one too that may have been loose. I run into the problem of some of them are too tight to pull apart. Then I just tell those customers to use the nib end.

reef12

Originally posted by airrat
<br />I have only had one too that may have been loose. I run into the problem of some of them are too tight to pull apart. Then I just tell those customers to use the nib end.

Care to go further on that pull apart thing mine just screws off.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Originally posted by reef12
<br />
Originally posted by airrat
<br />I have only had one too that may have been loose. I run into the problem of some of them are too tight to pull apart. Then I just tell those customers to use the nib end.

Care to go further on that pull apart thing mine just screws off.

Jeff,

That is the recommended way to change the refill. Just unscrew in the middle. Pulling it apart will loosen the fit over time.

tnilmerl

Pertaining to the Woodcraft cigar pens, I read somewhere, either on the website, or in the new instructions, that the pens had been essentially 'improved'. You no longer had to pull the barrels apart to change the cartridges. The approved method was to remove the nib to change the cartridge. Once you press the barrels together, it was supposed to be a permanent thing.

Not an improvement to me. Some of my nibs are vary tight and difficult to loosen.

You can, however, just unscrew the upper barrel from the lower, leaving the transmission in place in the upper barrel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom