How long...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rjwolfe3

...do you guys wait for an order before placing a second order from someone else.:mad: I ordered pen kits from a supplier two weeks ago. (No, not Steebar!) I told the customer I would have his pens done in 2-3 weeks. I called said supplier last week and he said he was in the middle of moving and would get them out asap. But still no email on when they would be shipped. Now I don't know if I should order from someone else or wait till he ships them. What would you guys do?:confused:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Rob,
If I were on a deadline (and you are) I wouldn't have waited as long as you did. I'd cancel the order and order elsewhere.
Did you place the order by phone or internet?

rjwolfe3

Internet. And it was the first time for this company. I heard a lot of good things about them so I thought I would try them out. Just makes me mad because even if I order from our fastest supplier it will still be Monday before they come in.

JimB

I would order from another supplier and once that order is confirmed cancel the first order. You should tell them why you are cancelling and let them know you will not be ordering from them in the future. They should have put something on their site to notify customers of the move and the delays in shipping orders. You may need to contact your credit card company to ensure you are not charged.

mrcook4570

The alternative would be to keep a few components of each style and plating on hand so you have them ready to make when you get that custom order.

keithkarl2007

they could have forgot to notify customers about the move, you know how hectic things like that can get. I'd probably order them again and when the others did arrive i'd have them in stock. Their customer care could be excellent, just caught them at a bad time

tdibiasio

Rob,

I had the same issue with this vendor, all I can say is that he is a very good guy to do business with and he made the wait worth my while. Took exactly two weeks to get my order. Luckily it was just a restock order for me and I was not waiting for it to complete a customer order. I ended up very happy in the end, I would not cancel the order.

I had the same issue with this vendor, all I can say is that he is a very good guy to do business with and he made the wait worth my while. Took exactly two weeks to get my order. Luckily it was just a restock order for me and I was not waiting for it to complete a customer order. I ended up very happy in the end, I would not cancel the order.

+1
I am pretty confident this is the same vendor I recently ordered from. Again, I wasn't in a rush to receive it as you are, so that does change the circumstance. My order was delayed just a few days, and he REALLY made it up to me... and I mean REALLLLLLLYYY! Perhaps in the future you could try calling when in a rush so your expectations are clear, but I am in no way absolving the vendor, or putting this on you. A note on the site would have been a good idea.

rjwolfe3

Ah, but will they sell it to me at the inexpensive price as the other seller. I will give it till Monday and then order from someone else. Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

george

I guess I would order at another supplier ; I would try to cancel the first order, but would have the kits for next time if they would come anyway.
The promise to your customer is important for your reputatuion.

Top Bottom