How I've been setting up my pen photo area.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

LarryDNJR

Still kind of a work in progress for me. Tweaking the lighting and camera settings.

LarryDNJR

Attachments

• LarryDNJR_PenPhotoSetup_1.jpg
    LarryDNJR_PenPhotoSetup_1.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 326
  • LarryDNJR_PenPhotoSetup_2.jpg
    LarryDNJR_PenPhotoSetup_2.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 350
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alphageek

Former Moderator
Looks like a good, simple setup. The only suggestion that I have is that the top light and the others are different types of bulbs - which means that color-matching them will be pretty difficult.

If you can color match your bulbs, you can setup your pictures to not really need any color adjustment once you figure out the temp and set the camera appropriately.

LarryDNJR

Looks like a good, simple setup. The only suggestion that I have is that the top light and the others are different types of bulbs - which means that color-matching them will be pretty difficult.

If you can color match your bulbs, you can setup your pictures to not really need any color adjustment once you figure out the temp and set the camera appropriately.

Unfortunately with what I have on hand all 3 bulbs are different I believe. Actually 2 of them are about the same color but slightly different design. One has a flood/frosting coating.

Eventually when I get the money I'll try and get a better matching setup going.
:)

underdog

Those lamps look like the ones I saw at Walmart last night. They have some with plastic shades for about $5, and the similar ones with metal shades for about $10. Unfortunately they'll only handle a 35-40 watt incandescent, and a 11-13 watt florescent.

So where'd you get these?

Top Bottom