How it is made

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wood-of-1kind

We all like to SOYP (show off your pen) forum, but I get an even greater reward when some of our members post pics on how they make their blanks that are often crafted into great writing instruments. In other words, a sort of progress report (foreplay?:redface:) as they proceed to come up with a pleasing design. Along this line, I would like to share a few shots of a pen blank and new design (for me). Won't bore you with the details since I think the pics will convey what I'm trying to work on.

I do want to say that this blank contains a total of 152 segments (pie slices:eek:). Have been going rather slow with this one since I do not want an "explosion" amongst the 'bricks'. The last pic is a final CA bath prior to putting it back on the lathe to finish her off. Wish me luck and hopefully I can come up with something worthy of a SOYP.

Next time you're on your way to pen blank making immortality, please do take a few extra shots and share those precious pictures prior to the final dressing. We would love to see your work in progress.:)

Attachments

• MVC-102S.JPG
    MVC-102S.JPG
    18.6 KB · Views: 403
  • MVC-103S.JPG
    MVC-103S.JPG
    21.3 KB · Views: 326
  • MVC-108S.JPG
    MVC-108S.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 295
  • MVC-109S.JPG
    MVC-109S.JPG
    25 KB · Views: 309
  • MVC-115S.JPG
    MVC-115S.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 466
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Druid

Thanks for sharing Peter... pictures give clarity to words, very nice demonstration & good luck with turning the 152 segmented piece finished product... please post!

SamThePenMan

Nice, while I was reading the description and looking at the thumbnails I thought it was pieces of different colored paper that was all glued together! :) I guess paper could be used to make pen blanks, talk about recycling! :)

PR_Princess

We all like to SOYP (show off your pen) forum, but I get an even greater reward when some of our members post pics on how they make their blanks that are often crafted into great writing instruments. In other words, a sort of progress report (foreplay? :redface:) as they proceed to come up with a pleasing design. Along this line, I would like to share a few shots of a pen blank and new design (for me). Won't bore you with the details since I think the pics will convey what I'm truing to work on.

I do want to say that this blank contains a total of 152 segments (pie slices:eek:). Have been going rather slow with this one since I do not want an "explosion" amongst the 'bricks'. The last pic is a final CA bath prior to putting it back on the lathe to finish her off. Wish me luck and hopefully I can come up with something worthy of a SOYP.

Next time you're on your way to pen blank making immortality, please do take a few extra shots and share those precious pictures prior to the final dressing. We would love to see your work in progress.:)

ROTFLMAO! I don't think that I will every be able to think of blank design, prep and assembly in quite the same way ever again!:biggrin::redface:

Shame on you Peter...and thanks for sharing......LOL... I think!!!! :biggrin::rolleyes:

Top Bottom