How does this "guage"

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from papaturner

papaturner

What do you get when you cross an executive with a tire guage? :rolleyes:
I had an old tire guage laying in my tool box and thought what the heck it might work. No finish just a little cutting, drilling, and epoxying.
Thanks for looking and comments welcome.

Attachments

• IMG_0444.JPG
    IMG_0444.JPG
    24.9 KB · Views: 478
  • IMG_0445.JPG
    IMG_0445.JPG
    24.4 KB · Views: 366
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RAdams

Banned
That would be a cool gift for tire shop personnel. I like it! Funny how penmaking and turnng in general changes the way we look at things that are already round.

PenPal

Hi Mate

I see you got pumped up when you saw this opportunity. really like it, I am sure the Green Eyed Cat and Dumpster Rat man will enjoy your pen as much as I do. Sort of lifts you out of the mundane when you can have so much fun making pens. There is no let down at all, as a measure of innovation it rates highly with me.

Well done and seen.

Regards Peter.

Jgrden

Reminds me of waiting for my flu shot, the elderly gentleman next to me had a tire gauge in his pocket. Now I knew he probably didn't use it that much because I found out his sister had delivered him to the Phamacist in a Lincoln Continental. He had trouble speaking, I assumed due to a stroke ( walked with a cane ) but when I pointed to the tire gauge in his pocket his eyes lit up and he tried to say something to the effect that he would not be without it.
I don't know why I related this story, but here it is anyway.

Fred

Neat and well done. :biggrin:

I bet when the pressure fitting is "used" that is how you make the point extend for use. Retraction may require a different method. :cool:

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
Neat and well done. :biggrin:

I bet when the pressure fitting is "used" that is how you make the point extend for use. Retraction may require a different method. :cool:

I guess you could always write with the tire sitting on your shoulder. When
you're done, just stick a nail in the tire!

See? I can figure these things out..

cwolfs69

nice pen. great idea. and it is amazing the way you look at things after a while. just been turning since Feb. now starting to see things around the house and say to myself: can i make a pen out of that. haven't tried anything weird yet but am sure that i will soon alter seeing those pics.

Tom D

I could not keep it in my pocket, I would constantly be grabing the wrong one either to check the tire pressure or to write with. LOL Nice looking pen, great idea.

Last edited:
Top Bottom