How do you portray your website

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Texatdurango

I was just browsing a few websites put up by IAP forum members and I noticed something and am just curious as to why.

I have a website selling pens and mention in my "About me" section that I am a one man operation. Some however try to give the impression they are more than a one man operation, some even go so far as to use phrases such as "our craftsmen" or "our penmakers" and I don't think these folks have pen making companies employing several crafstmen.

Absolutely nothing wrong with trying to make yourself look more than what you really are, I'm just curious as to why some do this. Is there a percieved advantage of a customer buying a pen from a "company" instead of an individual?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OKLAHOMAN

George, on my site I use the word "we" in describing platings used and other facets of pen making. I did this mainly because at all my shows Diane is always with me and she has contributed in my pen making in many ways. My site really is for repeat customers, you would be amazed at the number of customers that buy a pen at a show and 6 months later visit my site to get refills also and buy another pen. Just today I had a customer buy 10 Schmidt refills and order a roller ball for his wife.

I was just browsing a few websites put up by IAP forum members and I noticed something and am just curious as to why.

I have a website selling pens and mention in my "About me" section that I am a one man operation. Some however try to give the impression they are more than a one man operation, some even go so far as to use phrases such as "our craftsmen" or "our penmakers" and I don't think these folks have pen making companies employing several crafstmen.

Absolutely nothing wrong with trying to make yourself look more than what you really are, I'm just curious as to why some do this. Is there a percieved advantage of a customer buying a pen from a "company" instead of an individual?

Hey George,
I actually had to go to my site and check how I had set it up... mine is set up as a one man operation... when I do shows, the wife does go along to be company and help watch the booth, but she's mostly a cheering section rather than a participant.

Texatdurango

George, on my site I use the word "we" in describing platings used and other facets of pen making. I did this mainly because at all my shows Diane is always with me and she has contributed in my pen making in many ways. My site really is for repeat customers, you would be amazed at the number of customers that buy a pen at a show and 6 months later visit my site to get refills also and buy another pen. Just today I had a customer buy 10 Schmidt refills and order a roller ball for his wife.

So...... It sounds like I should start doing shows! Any good ones come to mind? :)

OKLAHOMAN

George a good show for you would be any show I DON'T do:wink::rolleyes:

So...... It sounds like I should start doing shows! Any good ones come to mind? :)

mick

Well, I use "we" because Connie and I are MikCon Creations...I couldn't do it without her backing me up!

Top Bottom