How do I do this?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm working on a slimline and do not the metal top but I want the clip. I can turn the top of the pen round, but I'm stumped on a way to install the clip onto the pen.

I thought about turning a small wooden tip for the pen but I don't really think it would be strong enough. Besides grain matching may be a problem.

I would appreciate any ideas.

tipusnr

Generally, turning a tip to sandwich the clip is the way it's done. Grain matching isn't that essential as long as the woods are either similar or repeat a band used elsewhere on the pen.

alamocdc

Ron, I would probably just turn a wooden finial to hold the clip, but use a piece from that end of the blank so the grain would match. To make sure the grain would match, I'd use a hardwood dowel instead of turning down part of the finial piece. Of course, this wouldn't work if you've already got the blanks cut and glued up w/o taken this into considertion. Just an idea.

Doghouse

Or you could make a clip out of wood and fasten it on with a couple of small screws.

I have not tried this, just popped into my head. If you could get a screw small enough (pair) and a nut inside the tube with a little super glue... Hmmm...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom