How about this camera?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

What camera do you now have? I've seen excellent pictures taken with very basic early version low pixel (by today's standard) digital cameras and I've seen real junk pictures taken with cameras sporting all of the bells and whistles one could want. I don't think the camera we use is as important as learning to use the camera we have. Tons of informtion on taking "table top" pictures is available. This is just my opinion.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

I'm looking for a better camera to take pictures, I can get this camera for $80 off http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16830180458

It has Macro Focus Range of "Wide 1 cm - infinity / Tele 100 cm - infinity"

Is that good? I get confused about this stuff

Thanks

Dvoigt

I have a old point and shoot 5MP camera. It has a Marco setting, but the outside edges of the object are always fuzz, the center of the picture is usually ok. Attached is an example, after I crop the picture:

Attachments

• Zebrawood in black chrome.jpg
    Zebrawood in black chrome.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 168

randyrls

I have a old point and shoot 5MP camera. It has a Marco setting, but the outside edges of the object are always fuzz, the center of the picture is usually ok. Attached is an example, after I crop the picture:

Derek; Always try to orient the pen so it is parallel to the camera. Then doing close up photos, the parts of the photo that will be in focus (depth of field) isn't very large and may be as narrow as one inch.

The camera you noted is a good one, the only lack would be a "Custom White Balance". You set the white balance by taking a photo of a pure white background sheet under your own lighting conditions.

butchf18a

Look at Canon

:beat-up:take a look at the Canon SX30 IS Bridge Camera. Much more capable than the one you are looking at and within same price range. That said, I agree wholeheartedly with Virgil, it's not the camera but the photographer. I've posted numerous photo articles and links dealing with taking good pen pics which you might find useful.

Top Bottom