Hotel experiences at MPG2014

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

low_48

This is for anyone who booked a room last April in the Champaign/Urbana area. There was a suggestion that we try to get a block of rooms at a common hotel for April 2015 like I did in Bloomington. The way Champaign books up hotel rooms, we better start early. Who had a good experience and thought the price wasn't out of line?

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I'd need to look at a map to be more specific, but you probably know the geography, Rich, so here goes.

We stayed at the first hotel you mentioned in the intro to the event. It was very nice and the price was reasonable.

It seemed that Jeff and many of the others in the group were in a different location, where there were a few hotels and SEVERAL restaurants. That seemed, to me, to be a better location, since you didn't have to drive far to be at a convenient "meeting place" (always seems to be one night that we all have a meal together).

If you know exactly what I am talking about, great. IF not, just say so and I will consult mapquest for a more precise answer.

We had a good time, even though Dawn was out of commission for one day!! Certainly plan to return!!

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I stayed at the Courtyard Inn. Was fine except that I could hear Jeff snoring from the next hotel accros the driveway :eek:.

navycop

I stayed at the Rodeway Inn on West Broad St. No comp breakfast. Only thing was the rooms were all on the exterior and I could hear the slamming of doors as people came and went.. The yr before me and my wife stayed at Quality Inn West End on W. Broad St. they had breakfast and indoor pool... Rooms were nice. They were both only about 5mins from MAPG.

low_48

I stayed at the Rodeway Inn on West Broad St. No comp breakfast. Only thing was the rooms were all on the exterior and I could hear the slamming of doors as people came and went.. The yr before me and my wife stayed at Quality Inn West End on W. Broad St. they had breakfast and indoor pool... Rooms were nice. They were both only about 5mins from MAPG.

Sorry, but the is a little far from the union hall where we meet in IL! LOL. Not the first person to get confused by the similar names.

Last edited:
Top Bottom