Hot Rod Jeep

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from EBorraga

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
I showed some in progress photo's of this over the winter. I've spent almost 2 years rebuilding this thing from the ground up. Kind of a frame off rebuild. The only thing original is the frame and the shell of the Jeep. I rebuilt the engine, transmission, transfer case, differentials, complete new fuel system with new tank and lines. The brake system is totally new, added racing seats with a 5 point harness seat belt, total refabbed dash panel with autometer gauges. And tons of other crap i cant remember. I just recently added the bikini top, as it's too dang hot to drive without it.
Only thing left to do is paint the hood, but i have to find the time to do it.
Here's some before and after pics. Whattaya guys think??

Attachments

• NEW JEEP IN THE JUNK YARD. (1) (Small).jpg
    NEW JEEP IN THE JUNK YARD. (1) (Small).jpg
    63 KB · Views: 2,387
  • NEW JEEP IN THE JUNK YARD. (2) (Small).jpg
    NEW JEEP IN THE JUNK YARD. (2) (Small).jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 2,174
  • NEW JEEP IN THE JUNK YARD. (3) (Small).jpg
    NEW JEEP IN THE JUNK YARD. (3) (Small).jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 920
  • NEW JEEP IN THE JUNK YARD. (4) (Small).jpg
    NEW JEEP IN THE JUNK YARD. (4) (Small).jpg
    56 KB · Views: 666
  • NEW JEEP IN THE JUNK YARD. (5) (Small).jpg
    NEW JEEP IN THE JUNK YARD. (5) (Small).jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 519
  • DSC_0069 (Small).JPG
    DSC_0069 (Small).JPG
    79.7 KB · Views: 661
  • DSC_0070 (Small).JPG
    DSC_0070 (Small).JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 671
  • DSC_0071 (Small).JPG
    DSC_0071 (Small).JPG
    69 KB · Views: 895
  • DSC_0072 (Small).JPG
    DSC_0072 (Small).JPG
    64.4 KB · Views: 3,213
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

IPD_Mr

It all looks cool to me other than one thing. I dislike the hood. Another color, same color in gloss, but not in primer red. Need to show some photos of the engine too.

glycerine

It all looks cool to me other than one thing. I dislike the hood. Another color, same color in gloss, but not in primer red. Need to show some photos of the engine too.

He said that he still needs to paint the hood, it's not staying that color.

I think that's awesome. My dad and I rebuilt an old Chrysler and I loved it. It's a fun, sometimes overwhelming project! I probably would have quit halfway through because I have a short attention span. It's good to see that you're sticking with it.

EBorraga

In Memoriam

Mike it will be yellow. I had to put the hood on it to get it inspected and licensed. I just need a few days off from work to finidh it. I'll take a few more pics and post. It's not a show car, just a fun toy for the summer:)

EBorraga

In Memoriam
Here ya go Mike. Just a couple quick shots

Attachments

• DSC_0029 (Small).JPG
    DSC_0029 (Small).JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 598
  • DSC_0030 (Small).JPG
    DSC_0030 (Small).JPG
    63 KB · Views: 856
  • DSC_0027 (Small).JPG
    DSC_0027 (Small).JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 505
  • DSC_0028 (Small).JPG
    DSC_0028 (Small).JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 1,536
  • DSC_0032 (Small).JPG
    DSC_0032 (Small).JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 287

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Ya done good on it Ernie. I like the Diamond Plate on the corners. Put a chrome valve cover on it. Back in the day, it didn't matter what we had, if it had chrome covers, we gained 20 HP :biggrin: Nice work !

Boz

Nice work. Projects like this are are great fun when they are done. I am finishing up a 3 year project restoring a Norton Commando. I pick up the seat today and the painted parts are to be delivered next week. The primary is still in pieces and I have a deadline to have it in New York the 18th of next month for the international Norton rally.

bitshird

Nice ride Ernie. I'll bet you would roast in about an hour with out the Bikini. sure looks like fun.
We used to buy old army surplus jeeps and put little Buick aluminum V6's in them, way back in the 60's

Lenny

:)Great Job, Ernie!!!! :)

I had a Jeep CJ-5 with a V-6 and Warn overdrive way back when. Used to go 4-wheeling with a friend who had a Toyota Landcruiser with a nice winch mounted on the front. He used it many times ... to hook on to me and pull himself out when he couldn't make it through! I only got stuck once! When you get those stuck you are REALLY STUCK!!! :biggrin:

Enjoy it!!!!

ctubbs

What's wrong with the hood? Here in KY, that is the state color for almost all trucks and 4X4's, on at least one panel. Heck, if it is not in primer, it has to be new! And who wants a shiney new 4X4? Not a chance, I'd be afraid I'd get a scratch on it, then I would have to put the red primer all over it. Nah, just start out with primer. The south's true truck color.
By the way Ernie, way nice ride. Congratulations.
Charles

EBorraga

In Memoriam
Thanks everyone, like I said it's just a toy. My niece loves this thing. We gotta drive it anytime we go somewhere. It's extremely hot on the legs though. Gonna have to insulate the firewall. I'm not big into four wheeling. I'm more of a speed freak:biggrin:.

Very nice, she looks great.

I had a CJ-5 years ago and got it running. I just picked up a 1947 CJ-2A for a frame off restoration. I start next week, can't wait.

Have fun!!!!!

S.A.Mappin

You're still using the Rochester carb, I'd like to try a different carb on my jeep. You just don't get the power from the original carburetors.

Did you redo all the vacuum lines? I'll bet that was a mess!!!

Great job on the jeep, hope it was worth the effort put in, it sure looks good!!

EBorraga

In Memoriam
You're still using the Rochester carb, I'd like to try a different carb on my jeep. You just don't get the power from the original carburetors.

Did you redo all the vacuum lines? I'll bet that was a mess!!!

Great job on the jeep, hope it was worth the effort put in, it sure looks good!!

The carb is a hopped up rochester from JEG'S. As for the vacuum lines, I eliminated darn near everyone of them.

Top Bottom