Hot Coffee, Black Stockings and Ebony

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jgrden

Jgrden

This is a special order. The Antler pen was something I wanted to do for a while. Talk to me about the size of the antler and the transition from antler to nib, center band and clip. Pens - 4-14-10 Cigar Antler - Chrome.jpg

Pens - 4-15-10 Antler Cigar - Chrome.jpg

Pens - 4-15-10 Ebony Red Centerband - Gold 2.jpg

Pens - 4-15-10 Ebony Red Centerband - Gold.jpg

Choose your words carefully, I have thin skin.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bitshird

John, I like the sizing, but I also think I would have liked to see a smoother transition in between the antler and the center band, , kind of more of a radius than angular, I like the transition at the nib, and the antler does have some great color.

I hope I didn't scratch your thin skin, the other pen is very nice,but why is the red more vivid on the back side of the pen, or is it a photography thing?? Any way it's a nice pen.

Jgrden

John, I like the sizing, but I also think I would have liked to see a smoother transition in between the antler and the center band, , kind of more of a radius than angular, I like the transition at the nib, and the antler does have some great color.

I hope I didn't scratch your thin skin, the other pen is very nice,but why is the red more vivid on the back side of the pen, or is it a photography thing?? Any way it's a nice pen.
Ken, thanks for being gentle. I agree with the transition and suspected it might have been better. The red acrylic flashes as it turns. Polarized.

bitshird

Ken, thanks for being gentle. I agree with the transition and suspected it might have been better. The red acrylic flashes as it turns. Polarized.

John is that some of Neils Photochromic? in the Ebony? or is it something of your own concoction? and I hope for the best with the Ebony, it is so pretty, I've done 3 pens the first one cracked right away the second one took a couple of months, the third one is two years and still no cracks, I drilled it under sized let it sit for about a year and then drilled it tubed it and been good, I did use Gorilla glue, I think it may have helped since the stuff stays semi flexible. The first two were with Epoxy.

Bree

Great looking pens John. Excellent work but WZUP with the transition from antler to nib and center?? LOL!! Just kidding.
:eek::eek::eek:

Jgrden

John is that some of Neils Photochromic? in the Ebony? or is it something of your own concoction? and I hope for the best with the Ebony, it is so pretty, I've done 3 pens the first one cracked right away the second one took a couple of months, the third one is two years and still no cracks, I drilled it under sized let it sit for about a year and then drilled it tubed it and been good, I did use Gorilla glue, I think it may have helped since the stuff stays semi flexible. The first two were with Epoxy.
It is a acrylic center band. It was glued to the bottom barrel and then turned. Gorilla glue? Okay.

Top Bottom