Horrible Meeting...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Crayman

Ok, The meeting was not horrible , it was very good with lots of information and fun. The trip home is what sucked, nothing better than getting a flat tire on the MassPike while driving the wifes car. pull over to the side and curse, get out and look ing the trunk, NO SPARE or well for a spare :eek:. Flip the 2 back seats up to see if it is under there, no :mad:. Now I am still 60 mile from home with cars flying by @ 60-80 mph. So I break down and pull out the owners manual, something I am not used to doing, look up spare tire. The quote was "IF equiped with a spare tire do not drive on it for a long time" :eek::eek: now I wish I had gone out to dinner after the meeting so, now I toss the manual back in the glove box, never to be seen again. rummage thru the trunk again, now this trunk is small I see a thumb tab with a tire picture, pull that all I see is a nut. I now try and look under the car, a PT Cruiser, there is a dounut tire,:) just like on my F-150, who would have thought that. 5 minutes to change tire, 20 minute to find it, and on the road again.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Of course, one guy talking to another, I am deeply distressed that you LOOKED AT the manual.

However, since you apparently did NOT READ it, you gain back some "guy points".

All-in-all, we will allow you to stay at the "guy table" at the next meeting in the pub.

(BUT, it WAS a close call!!!)

Have you considered carrying "fix a flat", the air with goo that goes in the tire and makes it roll again??? Then your WIFE can fix it, when it goes flat again!!! It's HER car!!!

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
It was the day of the tire it seemed. I went out to dinner and then noticed my tire was a bit low. I went to Auto Zone to get some fix a flat and found that the tire was fine, it was the valve stem. I pulled it out a bit more and watched it blow out ccompletely. I said screw it, called AAA and let them change my tire. I'm happy to say that my Jeep had a brand new full size spare on it. I was able to drive it 120 miles home, but I had to sit in a traffic jam for almost 2 hours due to and accident closing down the highway. I was getting a bit nervous watching the clouds rolling in since I didn't have my doors or windows with me and I didn't feel like putting the roof up on the highway. Other than that, it was a pretty good day. I never did look at my manual though, while I waited for AAA I played with my new toys I bought at HF. AAA did okay, it only took them 10 minutes to get someone there.

Last edited:

JerrySambrook

Craig,
Seeing that all of Mass is only 60 miles away, I assume you got the flat in the parking lot (would explain why the cars were ONLY doing 60-80):). Sorry you had a problem, and hope it won't deter you from coming back.

Jerry

fstinard

Neil haveing to call triple a for a flat explains why you want the af medic to carpool with you:biggrin:

Top Bottom