Honing carbide inserts with Silicone Carbide sandpaper What Grit to use??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

randyrls

I use Silicone Carbide sandpaper to sand blanks and have small diamond hones to hone carbide inserts. The diamond hones are getting tired and I was thinking about gluing silicone carbide sand paper on the hones to refurbish them.

Does anyone do this with SiC paper and what grit do you use? My hones just say Fine, Medium, and Coarse.

It's COLD here in PA!!! I got out the heater and need to run it to keep heat in!!! Stay Warm folks!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenMan1

Randy
What about gluing different grits to something like Masonite as a "test"? Scrap Masonite is plentiful here and if that works, wouldn't it work over the credit card files?

Great idea, by the way!

randyrls

Randy What about gluing different grits to something like Masonite as a "test"? Scrap Masonite is plentiful here and if that works, wouldn't it work over the credit card files?

Great idea, by the way!

Andy; There is a system called "Scary sharp" that uses flat plate glass as a base for sandpaper to sharpen tools. That's what gave me the idea in the first place.

I remembered that I have some MDF pieces stuck away somewhere. Bet I could use that. I have Craft Spray adhesive.

Top Bottom