Honey, I shrunk the car - just for fun

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from skiprat

Status
Not open for further replies.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
This one is for my brother who is a BMW E30 petrolhead. :D Just for fun I chopped up a grille badge. The finished pen is quite interesting cos it has a 3D effect as you rotate it. I hope he likes it because he just lent me the badges for guidance to make a pen 'like' a BMW badge.:D Sorry for poor pics. (I've forgotten what Greg K told me[:I])

Note the packing tape as a temp hole blocker for small bits. Works great;)

2007102320107_BMWBadges.jpg

One of them chopped up and saw marks sanded smooth. Almost random, but trying to keep the letters.

20071023201120_BMWchopped.jpg

Glued onto a painted 7mm tube. See how thick the badge is. I then used the very last of my Alumilite to cast it.

20071023201332_BMWglued.jpg

After a bit of trickery, I morphed the 7mm tube to fit with the tube on this 'Stylish' kit which has 8.5mm tubes.

20071023201549_BMWpen1.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Oh no Mark, you hurt my feelings[:(] I'm devastated.[;)] But I'll get over it[:D] Must admit that it certainly isn't one of my favourites either.

Whats the weather like up your way? I'm about to go out the door to spend the rest of the week at Braes of Doune windfarm near Callander.
Not one of Scotland's nicest areas. Barren, wet and windy at the top anyway.

Oh joy[}:)]

Ligget

Sorry steven I never seen your post until now, sunny but very cold, frosty mornings and some mist/fog in patches.

I am here tomorrow, Thursday, if you want to visit me![:X][;)]

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
No sweat Mark. I've just arrived anyway. Went over the Forth Bridge. What a fantastic improvement they done to the roads to the bridge!!!!
Glad to see that you canny Scots are using our English and Welsh
tax money wisely. ( if that doesn't start a war, nothing will [}:)])

Like to visit, but work only this time.

You'll never guess what though. My brother posted a pic of his pen on his BMW E30 forum and they want to do a group buy of min ten pens at £40 each!!!!! This will be my very first sale[:D] So I guess there really is no accounting for taste.[:I]

Cheers

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Originally posted by ligget
<br />Bloody hell, but a sale is a sale after all! Congratulations, you`ll soon be able to pay BMW for breach of copyright! lol[;)][:eek:)]

I don't think I will get any copyright trouble as they are supplying the badges and are just paying me to encase them in resin. Well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. [:eek:)]

BTW, the '[:X]' smiley you used worries me. Don't let our little secret out!!!!Kiss, kiss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom