Honduran rosewood burl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CjG78

G'day
A lovely piece of hrb. Sleeved with ebonite, a segmented ebonite section, gloss ca finish and a jowo #6 nib

Attachments

• 20211120_191929.jpg
    20211120_191929.jpg
    382.9 KB · Views: 185
  • 20211120_191902.jpg
    20211120_191902.jpg
    389.2 KB · Views: 182
  • 20211120_191853.jpg
    20211120_191853.jpg
    386.6 KB · Views: 193
  • 20211120_175404.jpg
    20211120_175404.jpg
    242.3 KB · Views: 188
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Loved looking at this pen until you for some reason you thought it was a good idea to hold the pen in your grubby looking hands. Sorry this is a HUGE petpeeve of mine. Never ever is it a good idea to show off a pen in the hand especially one that looks like that. What was wrong with just laying down on backdrop?? Sorry again. I usually do not even leave comments when I see people holding pens in their hands but the wood is beautiful and hope you reconsider when showing any more pens to use a prop or at least a backdrop. Like the timber used. I think that is one of mother nature's beauties.

CjG78

Loved looking at this pen until you for some reason you thought it was a good idea to hold the pen in your grubby looking hands. Sorry this is a HUGE petpeeve of mine. Never ever is it a good idea to show off a pen in the hand especially one that looks like that. What was wrong with just laying down on backdrop?? Sorry again. I usually do not even leave comments when I see people holding pens in their hands but the wood is beautiful and hope you reconsider when showing any more pens to use a prop or at least a backdrop. Like the timber used. I think that is one of mother nature's beauties.
Thanks? Haha we all have our petpeeves. Looks like I triggered yours! I guess I'm not as pety. I work in construction so my hands look like they are hammered at the best of times. Hard worker.

CjG78

My goodness that's beautiful. The choice to add the ring on the ebonite is interesting. Do you do that often? Simple looking but really more to it. Well done.
Thanks mate. Customer saw me do it on an experimental pen and loved it, requested it on this pen

jttheclockman

Thanks? Haha we all have our petpeeves. Looks like I triggered yours! I guess I'm not as pety. I work in construction so my hands look like they are hammered at the best of times. Hard worke Thanks? Haha we all have our petpeeves. Looks like I triggered yours! I guess I'm not as pety. I work in construction so my hands look like they are hammered at the best of times. Hard worke

I too worked in construction for 43 years and my hands are still ugly. This petpeeve has been triggered many times here by many people. This is not Facebook. Look on facebook and see how many people twirl the pen and show their pens in their hands. Hard work I too as many here have done hardwork but what this shows me is lazyiness. It is not being petty but taking PRIDE in your work. You took how much time to make a beautiful pen and you show it off laying on a background but then decide to pick it up and show it. Why I have no idea. You can leave hands out or not but you will never get another reply from me about your pens with hands in them. Just who I am and I know that does not mean much but so be it.

PenPal

Another masterpiece. Now get set for the big shock Casey photographs with his phone.The reason he will hold the pen in his hand will be to acheive the best view easily and well. This great mate of mine works in a confined workshop. I travelled 800 miles last December to visit him in Melbourne ,the distance return from my place in Canberra.At 87 and a former tradie,photographer et al I find it easy to concentrate on the pen viewing and may I say also Casey has been pen making for such a short time. People are queing up to buy his pens from around the world a kinder ,more generous man we will rarely find in a lifetime.I introduced Casey to this forum and others,his hand skills amaze me,in his purchases of timber etc he never questions the price he pays ,upholds the position of charging a professional rate.All of this said in the interest of fairness to every Penmaker.

jttheclockman

Peter I do not dispute one word you said. Again MY PETPEEVE and as I see many times on here and including MARK who I know is chomping at the bit with all those emogies , others have posted their petpeeves. Again I know why people hold the pen in one hand and shoot with phone and a couple clicks and it is sent here. But if you can lay down for some photos why not all. Just my thoughts. The only reason I brought it up was that is a very nice looking pen and is distracting with a grubby hand. I am so sure there are many others thinking the same thing but afraid to write any negative comments. Mine was a constructive criticism. Done. Maybe some new and old penmakers will take something away from this point and see it for what it was. I would add a bunch of emogies here too but my computer is not allowing. Again very nice timber. Love that wood. Have some of my own that I need to complete. Hope they come out half as nice as that.

Top Bottom