Homemade Scrap Iron Lathe

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

low_48

It is cool, but way too low. Stepping up on that floor would get old and the vibration through it would be maddening! I admire his determination.

bobleibo

Derek, you need to make one of those too! And knowing how much you like to make videos, you also need to make a video of you making the lathe. I'll get the popcorn ready. Someone else can bring the "soda pop".
Cheers~
Bob

D.Oliver

Derek, you need to make one of those too! And knowing how much you like to make videos, you also need to make a video of you making the lathe. I'll get the popcorn ready. Someone else can bring the "soda pop".
Cheers~
Bob

I am working on another video right now and it is turning related, but nothing nearly as cool as building your own lathe.

Cmmarshall

I think it is pretty cool. For $200 that is a heck of a large lathe. I think with a bit of refining the vibration could be controlled. Personally, I tried to make a home made disc sander. When I turned it on my disc blew apart and part of it went through the Sheetrock. So I went and bought one. No more home made spinning tools for me.

Top Bottom