Homemade Pen Press

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

cpmech216

Anybody have any pictures of shop made pen presses that they would like to share? I am thinking of making one and would like ideas. Thanks Brian

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Lenny

image.jpg

shortz1lla

Here's mine:

I initially made one similar to the peg adjustable ones previously shared but it broke. I find this to be a much sturdier design.

medlongpens

I turned a scrap piece of oak to fit in my drill press and I use that to press my pens together. I think corian would work better, I just don't have any laying around.

kirkfranks

I made the same one that Lenny posted. I never did like using it better than the wood handscrew clamp that I started with and have always used since. If you would like my press send me a PM with your address and I will send it to you free. If you are really looking to build one I would say it is a good plan.

ChrisN

My homemade pen press consists of 2x ~1" long pieces of cherry faced with plexiglass. One goes in my headstock taper, and another in the tail stock.

sschering

Like ChrisN I primary use my tail stock as a press.

Just to see if it would work I did use an Irwin Quick grip clamp to press a few pens last weekend. It worked but it's not ideal because the jaws don't stay parallel under pressure.

I made the same one that Lenny posted. I never did like using it better than the wood handscrew clamp that I started with and have always used since. If you would like my press send me a PM with your address and I will send it to you free. If you are really looking to build one I would say it is a good plan.

Kirk,
Would you consider sending that to me out in Japan?:wink:

aprayinbear

using what I had on hand...

I took a large C clamp I had sitting around, glued little hard leather squares to the ends with CA glue and there you have it.

I use a standard C-clamp and two Teflon sheets CA glued to the two tips- assembled some 20 pens without slightest damage. Just a suggestion to try !!

Top Bottom