Home Cast Closed End

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from firewhatfire

firewhatfire

Here is my humble beginings into the world of fountain pens, It is my 4th to date that I have completed and my first where I used a home cast blank(3 actually) The kit parts I used came from a Sedona kit. I blew out the end of the cap blank and had to redo it. I was planning on a clip but not sure about that now. May go back and add it later. It is the first one I have ever Inked to write with. Sometimes you just gotta find out what something is all about. With not having anything to compare it too I am very pleased and really suprised at how the pen handles. Here are a few pics comments and critiques are always welcome so let me know what you think and thanks for looking.
penkits020.jpg

penkits019.jpg

penkits016.jpg

penkits015.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wiset1

Really great work and I love that you did the cast yourself. I've had mixed results with home castings, but yours looks awesome. Can't wait to see what you come up with next.

SDB777

Is this 'home cast' PR or Alumite?

At least I have an idea of what to expect when I get my pin chuck out of the baggie!(It came in the other day, but I'm on a 'funny' schedule at work this week and haven't had a chance to make any noise)

You said, "You blew out the end cap....", what happened(or do you remember)?

Scott (skinny band goes towards the top) B

76winger

How would a fella know what size it would if he was really new to fontain pens and the manufacturing there of. I happen to have 5 mm bock(fingers crossed) will it work?

Good job.

Put a Bock nib on that puppy and you'll be set to jet!

There's mostly two sizes in the kit pens. #6 fits the bigger pens like full sized Majestic, Olympian, Apollo in the PSI line, I'm not as familiar with others, but would guess the Gent, Churchill and such also use this size. Then the #5 is used for the Majestic Junior, Junior Gent, and other mid-sized kits. Yours looks like the this mid-sized class.

firewhatfire

This is a PR cast. And as far blowing out top it was more of a I cut the cap off a little lower than I should have and found my 1/4 inch hole that I drill to hold my mandrel inside the barrell.

Carpblaster yup that's the same blank.

Thanks all for the comments and I will check on that nib 76, I think I have one.

Is this 'home cast' PR or Alumite?

At least I have an idea of what to expect when I get my pin chuck out of the baggie!(It came in the other day, but I'm on a 'funny' schedule at work this week and haven't had a chance to make any noise)

You said, "You blew out the end cap....", what happened(or do you remember)?

Scott (skinny band goes towards the top) B

Top Bottom