Holy bucket of resin batman!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RAdams

Banned
I just ordered my first 5 gallon container of Poly Resin! After shipping costs, it was the same as getting a gallon for totally free! Now i have to make a cradle for it, to take advantage of the "lay the 5 gallon bucket on it's side and roll it" trick. I am going to make a cradle that is slightly inclined, so when i am done pouring, it will roll to the proper position. Just had to brag!

Look for pics of lotsa blanks soon!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RAdams

Banned
WOW!

US Composites ROCKS THE HOUSE!!!

I use a prepaid credit card to do my online shopping, and only deposit enough on the card to do my transaction. I thught i was covered, when US Comp. called me. The transaction would not go through. I checked my balance and was $3 short. I was going to go to town (20 minutes away) and add the money to the account when he told me there was no need. I had ordered multiple times, and they value my support, and now my order has grown from single gallons to 5 gallon bucket so they will just charge what is on the card! I know it is only $3, but to me those little things mean alot. I think this guy has earned himself a hand crafted ink pen!

jedgerton

With that recommendation I'll have to check out US Composites! Which polyester resin are you using? I think I've seen Silmar 41 used frequently but can you confirm that choice?

Also, aren't there restrictions on ordering more than 4 gallons?

Any suggestions are appreciated. I'm ready to quit paying through the nose for a quart at Michaels!

John

Mikey

Quick question... I have been debating on buying a gallon or two and was wondering what the shipping charges normally were for you? I am also looking at Alumilite in clear and white but would rather not spend $200 with shipping for a few gallons. I am east of the Miss. and would be a lower charge than most people on the left coast.

Mike

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
If you order over four gallons, there is also a hazmat fee. You MAY find a vendor that ignores this, but it is the law, from what I have been told (I have not looked it up)

JohnU

I buy all of my Silmar 41 from US Composites. Never had a problem and they are fast shipping., but Ive never ordered from anywher else, so I dont have anything to compare too. Mikey, I order it by the 5 gallon bucket and freight shipping from Florida to North Central IL is just under $59. $200 seems like a lot of money when you include shipping, but your getting a five gallon bucket of resin. Thats a lot of casting! If your average blank is 3 ounces, thats over 200 blanks in a bucket and less than a dollar per blank. Worth every drop in my mind. good luck!

RAdams

Banned
Yeah, I use Silmar41 as well. Never used anything else, and have no intention of changing. I kinda like the fuzzy headed feeling from the fumes!

I am not sure of the exact shipping costs, but i can say this: Yes, there is a $20 fee for hazmat for a 5 gallon bucket. A single gallon delivered to SW Oklahoma is $49 and some change. The grand total for a 5 gallon bucket shipped is $200.40. By my Okie math, that is a free gallon.

I also HIGHLY suggest the mica sampler platter from coastal scents dot com. The colors are off the hinges, they mix very well, it takes only a tiny bit, and you get like 120 colors. Amazing product! I really really like it!

jedgerton

I've got a gallon on the way. Delivered price to my door will be $47.00 and that compares to $76 at Michaels when I have 40% off coupons. Also, Michaels sells the MEKP separately.

John

dalemcginnis

Local Chapter Leader
If you order over four gallons, there is also a hazmat fee. You MAY find a vendor that ignores this, but it is the law, from what I have been told (I have not looked it up)

Ed: The law isn't that they charge a fee but that they have to ship it as hazmat. Since hazmat shipping cost more than normal shipping they charge a fee to cover the extra shipping charges. If you ever find a vendor that ignores the hazmat regs get all you can from him while you can as the odds are he won't be around long. The fines for not shipping hazmat properly can be quite high and add up fast. Not to mention the possible jail time if they determine he was doing it intentionally.

Daniel

When I order 50 cal tracer rounds they have to be shipped as Haz material. All of those web sites list it as $20.00 per container. most can ship around 600 bullets in one container. The way I understand it the $20.00 is the cost of a tag that needs to be put on the container. My assumption is that this money goes to Uncle Sam. About all this does for the business owner is make it harder to make sales.

Top Bottom