Ho-hum

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Paul in OKC

Seen a post or two lately by folks getting out of the pen turning hobby. I get their drift. Have turned pens since the mid 90's in some fashion or another. Things of life come along, kids, work gets busy and stays that way, kids, stuff piles up on the work benches, kids. Did I mention the kids? They are quite fun.
Been setting up my large metal working stuff lately, even that is over whelming at times. I have moved and cleaned around my two wood lathes several times in the last two or three years trying hard not to just want to toss it all, but can't make myself throw away all the collected treasures and cut offs and............
Oh well, just mumbling along here.
Been some amazing pens turned around here, and I do still have ideas to get to, hopefully. Guess I can put them on my bucket list, at least!

Thanks for listening, great group here, and keep up the good work!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Seen a post or two lately by folks getting out of the pen turning hobby. I get their drift. Have turned pens since the mid 90's in some fashion or another. Things of life come along, kids, work gets busy and stays that way, kids, stuff piles up on the work benches, kids. Did I mention the kids? They are quite fun.
Been setting up my large metal working stuff lately, even that is over whelming at times. I have moved and cleaned around my two wood lathes several times in the last two or three years trying hard not to just want to toss it all, but can't make myself throw away all the collected treasures and cut offs and............
Oh well, just mumbling along here.
Been some amazing pens turned around here, and I do still have ideas to get to, hopefully. Guess I can put them on my bucket list, at least!

Thanks for listening, great group here, and keep up the good work!
I would hate to know that you threw away a treasure. Please don't tell me. :biggrin:

CrimsonKeel

IMO once i Buy all this stuff even if i stop for a bit ill still put it in a corner just on the possibility I get bored one day and pick it back up. I would hate to get rid of my things and then have to rebuy when i get that itch again

kingkeyman

I stopped turning pens twice since I started in 1991. I stopped when the kids were little because I was overwhelmed with little kid stuff, Then I started again when my boy was about 10 just to make pens with him, then I quit bout 6 years ago when we moved to our current house because my tools weren't set up. About two years ago, a friend asked me to make him a pen, so I dug out all my old stuff, started searching for stuff on the internet, then ran across this forum. Now I'm hooked like never before. Thanks guys:biggrin:

frank123

Over the years I've noticed my interests rotate between machining -with its own subset of rotations-, electronics, knife making, gunsmithing, auto mechanics, and combined projects using more than one of those interests.

Tossing anything out always just means I'll have to buy it again someday.

I am beginning to wonder if I'll ever actually need that carburetor for a 1955 Studebaker though.

Bob Wemm

Life certainly throws boomerangs at you. I have always been interested in wood, even as a kid when I cut the handle off Dads wheelbarrow with my Christmas Present (Hand saw). When we retired to Kalbarri I started turning for the first time, then I discovered Pottery and Glass. OMG. All the wood gear went into the corner, but gradually it has re-emerged to be my main interest. I still have all my other equipment though, and would never get rid of any of it. Of course along came Polymer Clay to throw a spanner in the works again.
Such is life.

Bob.

Top Bottom