Hillbilly Cue Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from EBorraga

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
I made this a while back after Skip posted his first one. I finally got a photo booth set up and could take a decent pic of it. I made this quite a bit differently than him. I'll post pic's of my process later this weekend when I get back in the shop. It's a chrome zen kit from CSUSA. Curly maple with walnut points.

Attachments

• DSC_0063 (Small).JPG
    DSC_0063 (Small).JPG
    23.1 KB · Views: 361
  • DSC_0064 (Small).JPG
    DSC_0064 (Small).JPG
    21 KB · Views: 304
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Grizz

Banned
That is really nice. I'd also like to see one with the 'points' going the other direction.

Texatdurango

Wow, pretty slick! For a second, in the first photo the flash glare looked like you had put a light brown wedge inside the dark brown wedge at the end!

Can't wait to see your jig or setup.

EBorraga

In Memoriam
Neat pen.....
Also like your avitar.....Hacksaw Jim Duggin.....USA USA USA......
Barney

I changed my acatar to honor the "Pine PITH":biggrin:. He always had a 2x4 with him or an american flag. I still see him with his tongue sticking out to the side, giving everyone a big thumbs up!!!!

EBorraga

In Memoriam
Dang Ernie That is sharp. but now they know you is a hustler as soon as you walk in the Parlor..

Ken, they usually figure out your a player, when from out of nowhere they look at your hand and see you went from an open bridge to a closed bridge after they jacked the bet:wink:.

alphageek

Former Moderator
That's awesome!!! You beat me! I too am working on a pen like this and my process is nothing at all like skippy.

I am curious to see if your process is at all like mine!

alphageek

Former Moderator
I am curious to see if your process is at all like mine!

I have a light work day tomorrow, but I have to fix my neighbors AC in her car. After that I'll head into "The Studio" and take some action pics of my process.

Cool... I came up with a method to do mine as a blank without being on the lathe - I did a couple of test cuts and am now working on a jig to perfect it. I havn't gotten a full pen done yet.

The pool cue idea had me intrigued from the first time I saw it, but I didn't think I could replicate skiprats methods (even with his pics), so I had to come up with something completely different.

robutacion

I made this a while back after Skip posted his first one. I finally got a photo booth set up and could take a decent pic of it. I made this quite a bit differently than him. I'll post pic's of my process later this weekend when I get back in the shop. It's a chrome zen kit from CSUSA. Curly maple with walnut points.

Nicely done mate...!

When skiprat showed what/how he did his pen, in my reply post I did make a note that if I would do a pen like that I would do it the way you did. The way to get there may would be different, I don't know but, that is what I meant with a solid wood blanks and resin as a filler...!

There are other ways to get there with a non-solid wood blank but the looks would be identical unless, different types of wood are used to do the glue-ups before the resin completes the blank...!:eek::wink::biggrin:

Cheers
George

PenMan1

Cool pen, Ernie!
I make these, too! But I'll bet our technique is different.
I usually Just pick up the small pieces of the "house" stick I was using once my opponent has used it to test the structure of my rib cage.

Pulling out a 3 piece Meucci que and moving from an open bridge, AFTER the bets have doubled upsets some folks:)

I love the look! Ever thought of "whipping" the butt end?

Last edited:
Top Bottom