High Tech - Tactical

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Chuck Key

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuck Key

Could not stop thinking about a related discussion in Penturning area within the last week. This one is top secret and is the product of testing some new lathe jigs and fixtures for use in making one of my Provo display pens. Comments welcome.

20065185143_TACT1.jpg

Chuckie

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenWorks

Very cool Chuckie, excellant workmanship, I really like the different cuts and patterns.
The only knock I have on this high tech pen, is that for the amount of time it took to make it, it just does not look like an expensive pen. I am really trying hard not to say it looks like cheap plastic, since I am a big fan of alternative materials.

But, that being said, it could get my vote in Provo [:)]

This message will self destruct after being read [:D]

Johnathan

Wow, amazing work. How did you ever manage to steal Darth Vader's pen?
I would have found a black pen tip for it to match the theme better. I don't like the dark black body with the shiny chrome tip, just doesn't match IMHO. Nice work. After you win in Provo, I would enjoy knowing your top secret techniques![8D][8D]

Chuck Key

This pen is not for the Provo display but only a step toward final design of a display pen. A different wood pen is planned for submission if I do not run out of time.

Good news on the plastic Anthony, I bought an eight foot section of the stuff and only have about six feet left to use. Maybe I will make some back scratchers or something [:eek:)]

Johnathan - I appreciate you kind comment. A similar design would be easy on the Legacy[:)][:)]

Chuckie

alamocdc

Showing off again I see. While I can understand Johnathan's comment on the chrome, I like it. It would look better with a darker, more satin plating, but nice for a prototype. Is it a twist pen? It looks like it could be, but I can't tell for sure.

JimGo

Originally posted by Paul in OKC
<br />OK, (nice work, BTW) I want to know what you did this on/with. The machinist in me twitched when I saw it[8D]

Wow, if you have a machinist in you, how many other people do you have in you Paul?

Paul in OKC

Originally posted by JimGo
<br />
<br />OK, (nice work, BTW) I want to know what you did this on/with. The machinist in me twitched when I saw it[8D]

Wow, if you have a machinist in you, how many other people do you have in you Paul?
My Doctor says it's not good to tell that to anyone[:eek:)] It leads to getting funny looks, and that brings out..well,...... you won't like me when I'm angry[:p]

DFM

Where are the mounting rails for all the tactical gear? Red dot scope, laser sight, surefire light, infrared illuminator, night vision scope?

angboy

<br />
Originally posted by JimGo
<br />

My Doctor says it's not good to tell that to anyone[:eek:)] It leads to getting funny looks, and that brings out..well,...... you won't like me when I'm angry[:p]

Paul, do you need my help? [:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom