High end small diameter pen recommendations

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fish30114

Bsea, I think I disagree with you. The reason I say I think, is because I don't know but as another poster pointed out it is fairly easy to create a custom finial by drilling out the current clip and fitting you finial into the tube, I think if you found a clip you liked that is readily available--like say a Sierra clip, as long as it wasn't to big to start with you could drill it to the appropriate size.

So, just guessing, I have a few of these kits in my shop right now, if anyone really needs a specific answer, I could go down to the shop and do some measuring. They are really good kits as the come, Aaron if your listening, get the Simplicity produced in Gunmetal!!!

BTW, I agree Aaron is very cordial and helpful.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Silver

The Neopean clip is a copy of the old Euro that was supplied from Dayacom in to the UK around 10 years ago, never was a hit and still have some kits left over..

Post some pics if you need some.

Out of interest on small kit quality I have asked the same question in the UK as in my opinion the kits are getting so big and need to be slimmed a little.

I liked the slimmed down version of the Gent but the other parts didn't match up to the quality.

I agree that quality of refill is a big point, but price we are willing to pay has driven the quality down. So we get one they give up.

We do have a supplier in the UK that is trying to change that, supplying the pen makers market with a much better quality than what comes with the kits..

Thanks for the posts, makes good reading.

Silver

I also have been wanting the simple, Parker refill type of pen mentioned by Joey-Nieves (post #33). Sad that it is not in stock. I do not know if there is intent by Aaron Lau to bring it back, but I sure hope he does, especially the Black Ti plating.

I understand Aaron is getting them back in towards the end of the month. Not sure which platings tho.:rolleyes:

BSea

Bsea, I think I disagree with you. The reason I say I think, is because I don't know but as another poster pointed out it is fairly easy to create a custom finial by drilling out the current clip and fitting you finial into the tube, I think if you found a clip you liked that is readily available--like say a Sierra clip, as long as it wasn't to big to start with you could drill it to the appropriate size.

So, just guessing, I have a few of these kits in my shop right now, if anyone really needs a specific answer, I could go down to the shop and do some measuring. They are really good kits as the come, Aaron if your listening, get the Simplicity produced in Gunmetal!!!

BTW, I agree Aaron is very cordial and helpful.
Oh, I agree. With a custom finial, almost any clip will work if it doesn't have too big of a ring. I was thinking more of a direct replacement without any custom work. I don't think I have another Neopean, but I'd like to see if the cap diameter is the same. If you can check the Neopean finial to a Euro finial, then we'd know if a Euro clip is a direct replacement.

Charlie69

A quick pic of a Neopean turned tonight. Top tube was trimmed by 1/4", center band eliminated and custom finial. I haven't turned a lot of pens but of the kits I have turned this is my favorite by far. Shows a lot of blank, easily customized, and not overly rotund :rolleyes:. This one has a o.d. of 12.08mm at the center, 5.44" long and weighs 26.4 grams. A great every day carry.

Quality Pen

A quick pic of a Neopean turned tonight. Top tube was trimmed by 1/4", center band eliminated and custom finial. I haven't turned a lot of pens but of the kits I have turned this is my favorite by far. Shows a lot of blank, easily customized, and not overly rotund :rolleyes:. This one has a o.d. of 12.08mm at the center, 5.44" long and weighs 26.4 grams. A great every day carry.

Thanks Charlie!

That's a good looking pen!

Would you mind taking a photo of it with the clip more "head on"? Thank you.

Charlie69

Would you mind taking a photo of it with the clip more "head on"? Thank you.

The purple Neopean found a new home with a female coworker who traded a homemade chocolate cake for it. She knows I have a bizarre weakness for baked goods and caught me in a moment of desperation:wink:.

Here's a straight shot of the clip.

Last edited:
Top Bottom