High Capacity Ink converter inquiry

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Sean777

I am in need of finding a high-capacity ink converter to use in making a bespoke fountain pen for a customer that does Copperplate Script calligraphy and uses an abundance of ink. She is will to consider me making an Eye Dropper one yet more messy and my concern of the grease and possible O-ring I have researched will eliminate leakage concerns. The nib she acquired is a flex 14k Jowo#6 and between purchase and modifications on the nib is around $200. So shoot me some ideas please.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

d_bondi

You could try the TWSBI converter.
It is 1.5ml which is almost double the Schmidt K-5 at 0.86ml.
The opening is a standard international size but the outer diameter is larger, so you will have to take this into account.
I heard about this on on the "As the Pen Turns" podcast and have been meaning to order one to play around with it as an option.

Curly

You could make the leap to a piston filler. Not easy to make from scratch but possible. Richard Greenwald used to sell a little kit of parts and you did the rest. Since he isn't in business anymore that avenue is closed. There are inexpensive ($4.00 range) piston filler demonstrator pens on the market that could serve as parts for the pen you make.

Top Bottom