Hi Guys

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mike Powell

Hey guys,

Ive been lurking alot, since the base will let me read, but not reply. I will say I have seen some fine looking work.

When I got home from my deployment, I had nothing for a portfolio. Since then I have filled 2 probably twice or at least close to it. But this one sale I have to crag about, my biggest to date.

So a former customer called me up and asked me if I could be at her work @ 0800 the next day, she had some one that wanted to buy a pen for a going away gift. I told her sure, Ill be there. I'm working 3 pm to 11, usually get home around 1130 and unwind, asleep around 1 or 130. But the alarm went off and up I got, have to go make my 40 or 60 dollar sale. I look at it as it is one more person to put my name out there.

So I get there and meet my contact. She bought 5 pens, and 5 other people came in a bought at least one, most bought 2.

So what turned into a 40 to 60 dollar sale, ended up as 470.00...

in the last month I have made over 1000.00. I would have never have thought that I could have done that. My Hobby is becoming a Business, and I couldnt be happier. I just dont want it to turn into a job...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Congrats and good luck slowing the process...:redface:

It's a great feeling that your work is appreciated and really difficult to try to say, "maybe not". But, It comes in phases, so you can finish what you need and not get anything for several months (Yea, you knew this already).

ENJOY!

Jim Burr

Banned
Well done sir!! If I'm not mistaken, before your last deployment, didn't I have a piece of blue cebloplast that we talked about?

WriteON

Keep it fun and interesting ....it'll never be a job. Keep delivering quality and it will come back to you repeatedly.

southernclay

That's awesome Mike!

$470 will buy some fun toys! I hear you on not wanting it to turn into work, I've ruined a hobby before doing that. I'm very cautious with this now, trying to figure out how to tip toe into the sales aspect to enable the habit.

Good job and glad to hear your transition back home is treating you well.

Top Bottom