Hi from Smitty

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I have not given that any thought...didn't even know PSI had such a kit, they have been introducing so many for the past two years that it's hard to keep up. I also have no idea how much interest there might be...

Fordwakeman

Cartridge Pen Component Sets

would you consider offering these in chrome or Gun metal? I sometimes use Nickel plated shells.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
would you consider offering these in chrome or Gun metal? I sometimes use Nickel plated shells.
I am only able to offer these in 24K right now because a customer wanted 500 of them and I ordered another 500 for my stock (MOQ for them is 500 pieces). If there was enough interest to warrant another finish I'd be more than happy to do it but I haven't had many inquiries.

LouF

Hi Smitty is your Smitty's club open for new members my wife and I tried it a couple of weeks ago and ir was down?

Last edited by a moderator:

Lenny

Can you tell me what the tube length should be on the LeRoi Elegant clicker?
Trying to trouble shoot why the "clicker" doesn't engage to lock the refill in the writing position.
Thanks!

I know exactly what your problem is...the clicker sleeve is rotating when you push the click button - nothing to do with the tube length. What you need to do is some disassembly. You want to unscrew the bottom (tip) and remove the refill. You then need to take the clicker button and spring off and take the clicker mechanism out, this is not easy but can be done without destroying it. Then using the correct size transfer punch you need to knock the cap/clip assembly out. Having done that you reinstall the clicker mechanism sleeve with a spot of locktite or epoxy on it to hold it in place - when that drys assemble the rest of the click mechanism and put the pen back together. It will work. I'll email you the instructions. If you wind up damaging the click mechanism taking it out let me know and I'll send you a new one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lenny

The post above looks like I answered my own question. :confused::)

Thanks Leroy.

I did read the part about "gluing" of the mechanism but my print out of the instructions is so poor I couldn't even see the mechanism. One end threads into the click button, correct? Is it the other piece that gets glued ...? .... Glued to what, exactly?

If someone could share a clear photo that might help.

Thanks!

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
The post above looks like I answered my own question. :confused::)

Thanks Leroy.

I did read the part about "gluing" of the mechanism but my print out of the instructions is so poor I couldn't even see the mechanism. One end threads into the click button, correct? Is it the other piece that gets glued ...? .... Glued to what, exactly?

If someone could share a clear photo that might help.

Thanks!
Sorry I clicked edit instead of quote...not used to that button being available.

I have emailed you a set of instructions and see it they aren't better. Now the click mechanism comes in 3 pieces a sleeve and two moving parts including ther one that the click button screws on. The sleeve is hand pressed into the top cap it is the sleeve that gets the glue...The glue can be on the side ot the top (if you are careful not to block the hole where the threaded piece goes through.

walshjp17

The sleeve is hand pressed into the top cap it is the sleeve that gets the glue...The glue can be on the side ot the top (if you are careful not to block the hole where the threaded piece goes through.

That's exactly what I did and the pen works exactly as it should.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Watch for New Offering

I am thinking about adding another new offering from Dayacom - currently not offered in the USA. Let me know what you think of it at about $17.00 in Rhodium. I'll add a picture shortly. The introductory price will be about $12.00.

131-6604.jpg

Last edited:

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Possible new offering

Let me know what you think of this kit. I think it's a pretty nice looking pen available in a number of finishes. I would be thinking Rhodium as the first intro with other's added later.
I am thinking about adding another new offering from Dayacom - currently not offered in the USA. Let me know what you think of it at about $17.00 in Rhodium. I'll add a picture shortly. The introductory price will be about $12.00.

Leviblue

Local Chapter Leader
Interesting kit, I like some of its aspects but it looks a little busy with the component sections.
I like the way you're thinking!

ChrisN

Honestly, I don't like it. The top section is too fat compared to the lower section. I also don't like the "knurled" look. It looks like it would be uncomfortable to hold - with all those little pokers right where you grip the pen. JMHO.

kovalcik

I am torn. I like the texturing, but the overall shape is not my favorite. They look a little top heavy to me. Reminds me of the Classic American ballpoint from Woodcraft which never grew on me. For $12 I would try a few to see what they look like in hand.

Carl Fisher

My opinion, they took a staple kit (American, Classic, B2000, whatever each retailer calls it) and made it so busy that it would severely detract from whatever blank you pair it with.

I personally don't like it.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
All answers welcome

Thanks to those who have responded. Just so everyone knows - there is no right or wrong answer I'm looking for opinions, if folks like it fine, I'll try it. If they don't that's fine too, I'll look at other possibilities.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Major...

We are keeping the Major --- in fact the 2nd finish is coming fromTaiwan this week if Dayacom didn't lie to me about the ship date.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Won't be Offering...

Since this kit doesn't seem to turn anybody on, I'm dropping it from consideration. I do have three other's that I'm looking at and I'll be asking for opinions on them soon.

Top Bottom