Hi from Minnesota

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

WoodKnot

I joined this forum because I want to learn more about making pens as a new hobby. I've been perusing the threads to educate myself. I'm trying to determine what it takes to get started. I've discovered there is a lot more than just a lathe and the turning tool (I don't even know what the tools are called).

My wood working experience is mostly home improvement/remodeling and I've made a number of Liars Dice boxes. I've never used a lathe. I'll be looking for a class in the Minneapolis area.

Attachments

• dice box.jpg
    dice box.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 98
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

plano_harry

Welcome from Texas! Your woodworking experience (and tools) will be a nice asset, especially if you start doing segmented pens. There is sooooo much information here on making pens that you could spend months and not read it all. Learn to use the search engine, it works really well. You can find exhaustive discussions on the "best" lathe, cutting tool, finish, pen press, best way to drill, best way to store your bushings... and don't forget the library!

Harry

rockb

Welcome from California...enjoy the site.....lots of info and experienced guys in the crowd.........

Top Bottom