Hi and Ho from Norway :-)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Turned

About four months ago I took a big leap for me myself and I and bought myself a lathe,hiihaa finally,been wanting to do so for about 20 years.
It is a Nova dvrXp and I totally love it.
I first intended to mainly use it for bowls and some spindle work,but then almost by accident came across some pen turning videos on uTube so now that has become my main use with the lathe.
You Americans :wink: are a lucky bunch of people,almost everything that has to do with pen turning seem to be on your part of the rock we are living on.
When I buy pen kits it is mainly pennstate i`v shopped from so far.
I now also have an ongoing deal with chefwarekits for a vacuum system for wood stabilization,and some more candy stuff,including some alumilite resin.
And also just received a Gast vacuum pump from a guy in Ohio,don't know if it is the best pump for my use (stabilization and chucking),the model is 0523-519Q-G21DX.
Well not to go overboard with my introduction here,just wanted to say hi and Im looking forward to learn a lot from you fine members on what seem to be a great great site :)
P.S Sorry for my english,probably several spelling mishaps and what not in this post.
Remember Im norwegian and we didn`t have a lot of english when I went to school,we mostly went hunting for ice bears in the streets and fishing for whales in arctic waters,hehe maby not :) .

Take care :bananen_smilies046: and lets go get some pens spinning :)
Helge.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

HamTurns

Welcome aboard from Wisconsin, USA.

There are a lot of very good people here and you can learn almost anything you want to about pen making.

Have you checked out the library yet, there is a ton of information there.

Welcome, and keep warm.

Happy Turning
Tom

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Hello Helge, greetings from Wales. I haven't been to your corner of Norway, but I have been to one of our factories in Skien. Beautiful country!!

You can also buy pen stuff from UK.
Try www.axminster.co.uk and www.turners-retreat.co.uk and compare prices. Uk prices are more expensive but the shipping cost should be less and as you are in Europe, maybe you don't need to pay import duty?

jsolie

Welcome from Southern California from someone with a bit of Norse heritage. Now if I could just find a decent can (or three) of fiskeboller, I'd be a happy boy...

chrisk

Hi Helge,
Welcome from Brussels.

As I've seen you already discovered how lucky our American colleagues are. I always tell them they live in a penturner's/woodturner's heaven. Personnally I consider applying for a green card :)

Top Bottom