HHL Gentleman

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Rarest wood

Rarest wood

I was requested to make this pen for a freind he has had a long wait as my second new lathe blew a motor again I am now on my third lathe and hope to get a metal working lathe in the next two weeks as well so expect some more pens to be posted soon.
The book the book the pen is laying on is The species of Dalbergia of South East Asia a very rare out of print book, how very apt!

Attachments

• IMG_0409.jpg
    IMG_0409.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 405
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Nice pen but I am more interested in the lathe motors blowing as you put it. What lathe are you using and why is the motors being destryed??? There has to be an underlying reason here.What is actually happening to the motors??? Curious minds want to know.

Rarest wood

The two lathes that bust were the cheap variable speed models from axminster power tools I guess they were cheap far eastern motors which just failed due to being plain rubbish. I Had just recieved a contract to provide many bun feet for some High end sofas and chairs so I had to get another lathe quickly. I got another axminster lathe but this time a full size model with a bigger motor also I will recieve a warco 918 in the next week or so to do all my drilling as you can be more accurate and use stock which is very near finish size also their excellent for making your own pen kit on. I may supply in future HHL tzutan etc which has been predrilled for emperors and jnr emperors as the drilling of these fine timbers seems to freak people out and cause them palpitations. I like the gentleman but the weak point of this penkit seems to be the clip as it dents the timber

philb

Just had a look a few of my kits like theses and some of the timbers are dented some are not? I wonder if its something to do with the finish not being 100% cured on assembly?

Dont have a clue really though, bit annoying though! Wonder if anyone else has the problem?

PHIL

The two lathes that bust were the cheap variable speed models from axminster power tools I guess they were cheap far eastern motors which just failed due to being plain rubbish. I Had just recieved a contract to provide many bun feet for some High end sofas and chairs so I had to get another lathe quickly. I got another axminster lathe but this time a full size model with a bigger motor also I will recieve a warco 918 in the next week or so to do all my drilling as you can be more accurate and use stock which is very near finish size also their excellent for making your own pen kit on. I may supply in future HHL tzutan etc which has been predrilled for emperors and jnr emperors as the drilling of these fine timbers seems to freak people out and cause them palpitations. I like the gentleman but the weak point of this penkit seems to be the clip as it dents the timber

YORKGUM

I was requested to make this pen for a freind he has had a long wait as my second new lathe blew a motor again I am now on my third lathe and hope to get a metal working lathe in the next two weeks as well so expect some more pens to be posted soon.
The book the book the pen is laying on is The species of Dalbergia of South East Asia a very rare out of print book, how very apt!

I'm the lucky recipient of this pen.

keithkarl2007

Axminster AWVSL? A friend of mine blew 3 of them also and swore he'd never get another. I also had one and when he told me i sent it back.

Top Bottom