HF Pressure Pot?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
For all you casters out there;
Has anyone used the Harbor Freight Pressure Pot?
Has anyone been able to remove the pink liner inside and have still keep
pressure?
Has anyone had any problems with it?

Thank you for responding IA.

Gary

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Plastic Liner

It seems they may have changed suppliers. I don't know this for a fact buy many of you who have responded say their pressure pots do not have this liner.

Gary

Last edited:

sbell111

My guess is that ours just isn't pink.

The thing that you are calling a liner, what material does it seem to be made out of?

Why do you want to remove it?

ElMostro

I know Binks brings a removable pink liner but none of my HF pots did. If the liner is similar to the Binks liner you don't HAVE to use it to keep pressure...it's main purpose is to keep spills inside the liner and away from the inside of the pot. So mainly to keep the pot clean. Picture would help though.
Eugene.

Gethenet

What " mods" need to be done to these to use them for casting? I'm guessing that was a question that I probably could look up, I'm sure I'm not the only one that ever asked that...lol

Notnate

there is a pretty in depth article in the library. you can do a search or you can look in the casting section. It is very detailed and helpful

Library can be found HERE. (I would suggest making a separate favorite for this. It is FULL of spectacular information!)

HF pressurepot/vacuum chamber build is found HERE.

My suggestion (based on the information I got HERE from my own questions) is, if you are intending to do vacuum and pressure though, buy each separately. I ended up finding a decent pump on ebay for $75 and THIS on amazon and the HF pot for pressure. All for only a little higher price as trying to hybridize or bastardize something together from parts not meant for what you would be doing. It will be safer for you in the long run and potentially less expensive than a failed experiment.

Also my HF pot did not come with anything pink either :D

Top Bottom