HF Pressure Pot Question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

vtgaryw

I bought a HF pressure pot finally. It comes with a hanger hook that goes into the threaded center boss on the top of the lid. For some reason, the hook diameter is smaller than the hole diameter. No problem, I thought, I'll just plug it.

Easier said than done. It's larger than a 5/16 thread, smaller than a 3/8. Any idea what the thread size might me? Metric maybe?

Gary

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I don't think you need to plug it. The hole on mine doesn't go all the way through so it shouldn't be a problem. If you feel you have to and can't find the right size bolt a little JB Weld will fix it permanently.

My advice on using the pot: make sure you crank the clamping screws tight! I made a wrench from a 2" diameter dowel and give each an extra turn after hand tightening because I had one of them pop off while it was filling.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
It seems strange that the handle would not fit the boss - it's been a while since I put mine together, but looking at this photo, it seems that there might be an adapter insert that needs to screw into the boss. Does yours look like this? Could a part be missing?

The handle is handy, but is not necessary and as you've already noticed, it's not necessary to plug the hole if you don't use it.

Attachments

• HF Fitting.jpg
    HF Fitting.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 151

chartle

It seems strange that the handle would not fit the boss - it's been a while since I put mine together, but looking at this photo, it seems that there might be an adapter insert that needs to screw into the boss. Does yours look like this? Could a part be missing?

The handle is handy, but is not necessary and as you've already noticed, it's not necessary to plug the hole if you don't use it.

I've looked at these a lot but never really touched one but I assume thats just a lock nut.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member

I've looked at these a lot but never really touched one but I assume thats just a lock nut.

You're probably right about that.

vtgaryw

Yeah, my bad, it's not a through hole. Not a big deal.

Still... strange that the hole size is larger than the handle.

Gary

Top Bottom